• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lkm7765 View Post
    Yes, JS30RR.

Originally posted by Sm00ghead View Post
    Hi folks - newbie here.

I have a Jackson body which I suspect is a MIJ Dinky, serial number is 9818407 based on the neckplate. From this forum thats possibly a 1998 MIJ model. The body has no other identifying marks and has a Fender US 24 fret strat neck fitted. I'd be grateful for any info anyone could please confirm any info on the Jackson model, age and if possible the body wood ?
    7 digit serial? Black neckplate?
    MIJ models should have stamps in the cavity, but it looks like a DK2M from 2007-11ish.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• There are some letters and numbers stamped in the cavity but barely readable. Here is a photo of the cavity. I'm not sure what should be there so unsure what I'm looking for. The serial number is 9818407. Thanks.

Comment

• Looks like I see an upside down 2008-?-? beside the top right screw in the pic. That'd be correct for a DK2M 981xxxx serial.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• looks exactly like my DK2M body
          Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• Looking for info on this one.

I believe it's an early 97 MIJ Dinky Professional DK3 although the serial number breaks conformity; it's a Jackson molded neck plate with 6-digits, stamped 700905.

The guitar has a recessed licensed FR JT580. The pickups are black H-S-H non-branded. The back of the body is solid red with a cherry sunburst quilted maple face and the same finish on the non-reverse headstock and the scripted Jackson Professional logo. They neck is a bolt-on with a rosewood 24-fret fingerboard and MOP dot inlays. The fretwork is really nice, better than my USA Pro Mod by a margin. So is it a DK3?

Comment

• Wow and just like that I found it in an archived 1997 catalog on here. It's a DX2 and another example of a legitimate 6-digit serial number from 97.

Other than what I know about it, how were DX2's regarded among the JCF community? This thing is in virtually unplayed condition, although there is a slight lifting of the finish around the low E and A machine head bolts. Other than that the finish is in remarkable shape.

Comment

• Should be a fine guitar. You almost never hear of a bad Japanese model, especially from that era.

Comment

• Can anyone help me identify what month and/or week was my guitar made?

I have a Jackson Dinky JS22-7 (serial number CWJ1531835). I know it was made in China in 2015, but the matter is I know Jackson started putting compound radius on this one only on January 2015, so I was wondering if anyone coul tell me if mine was made before or after January 2015... Thanks!

Comment

• I know of no one that has ever successfully de-coded those numbers aside from the year.
                      A radius'd board should be visually noticeable from a flat board, no?

Comment

• I could swear a compound radius fretboard is practically a Jackson hallmark, on all production models from high end down to the least expensive guitars, unless otherwise specified. Even on all JS Series since the beginning of time. I've never heard this January 2015 debut for compound radius boards on JS Series. Where did you hear that?

Jackson and Charvel are by far the most prominent, most mass-produced, most easy-to-find, (and for the Jackson JS Series, the cheapest,) way to play and own a guitar with a compound radius fretboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          I could swear a compound radius fretboard is practically a Jackson hallmark, on all production models from high end down to the least expensive guitars, unless otherwise specified. Even on all JS Series since the beginning of time. I've never heard this January 2015 debut for compound radius boards on JS Series. Where did you hear that?

Jackson and Charvel are by far the most prominent, most mass-produced, most easy-to-find, (and for the Jackson JS Series, the cheapest,) way to play and own a guitar with a compound radius fretboard.
                          I actually traded some emails with a rep from Jackson (his signature read "Fender", but he is the costumer relations guy. He told me they switched to compound radius on this model on January 15. I emailed him with my serial to see if he could get me the month/week, but he just replied he didn't know that serial (probably just a "buzz off" reply). Never mind, next time I change the strings, I'll definitely take a closer look to see if I can spot the radius.

Comment

• Fender has proven to be almost useless when it comes to Jackson information.

Comment

• I have recently got my hands on this beautiful Jackson, so nice to play, such a nice old school sound. Has no labeling on it so I am Wondering if any of you Jackson users recognize what model this is? He bought it in the mid 90's. says it is all original as it was.

Serial is 9623104.

[IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• DK3 or ATX.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X