Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew816 View Post
    I'd forgotten about that DK Audiozone site, thanks guys. I "KNEW" I'd seen this stuff somewhere but when this subject came up again darned if I could find it. Bookmarked.

So a 90 Soloist Professional is the real deal, ebony, MOPs, neck through, etc. Tempting, VERY tempting... But I want a 24.75 so I think I'm going to continue my search for a 750XL amber that's in good shape and not insanely priced. ;-)

Thanks!
    Maybe include Jackson archtop pros in your search. They were 24.75 inch scalers aswell.

Comment

• Originally posted by ed View Post
      Maybe include Jackson archtop pros in your search. They were 24.75 inch scalers aswell.
      Rare has hen's teeth, I haven't seen one of those for sale in years! But yes, that is one to look out for, no doubt. Thanks!

Comment

• Those '90 PROS had practically identical specs as the USA's of that time.

In my opinion, the only way you'd get $1500 for one would be if it looked un-played. Even then, you could get a used USA with a real Floyd for $1500 or less.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• http://imgur.com/a/e9OXBAnyone know what model this one is ?
          bought it for $15
          i think it’s a 1990
          any info would help ! Thanks!!

Comment

• Could somebody assist identifying the specific model and country of origin for my RRV I bought second hand - I was told it is a MIJ model but I assume its made in Indonesia by World Musical Instrument Co. Not worried it plays nice, just curious.

I think it's a Jackson RRXMG X Series Rhoads - Snow White with Black Pinstripe

It's a neck through with active EMGs - dodgy serial number sticker on back of headstock and no Country of origin markings.

Thanks for your help.

https://d.pr/i/X0CLsc

https://d.pr/i/86DgGV
            Last edited by nordost; 03-23-2018, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krisb21 View Post
              http://imgur.com/a/e9OXBAnyone know what model this one is ?
              bought it for $15
              i think it’s a 1990
              any info would help ! Thanks!!
              Not sure how your post was missed, but that's a 1990 Soloist PRO. Top of the line in it's day. Made in Japan with practically USA specs.

Schaller JT590 tremolo, quartersawn neck, MOP inlays/logo...The tuners were originally Jackson logo'd GOTOH tuners.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordost View Post
                Could somebody assist identifying the specific model and country of origin for my RRV I bought second hand - I was told it is a MIJ model but I assume its made in Indonesia by World Musical Instrument Co. Not worried it plays nice, just curious.

I think it's a Jackson RRXMG X Series Rhoads - Snow White with Black Pinstripe
                Yes, RRXMG from Indonesia, post 2012. The original serial was removed because that's a manufacturers refurbished guitar.
                They put those stickers on there and remove the old so they couldn't be sold as 'new', even though they are. Usually the flaw isn't noticeable...just a bad switch or something that was fixed.

Sometimes it could be a finish flaw.

Last edited by Mudlark; 03-23-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• FFS

Yes, an RRXMG with a manufacturer refurbished sticker. The original was removed while the 'issue' was fixed.

Bad switch, or possibly a finish flaw.

Comment

• I just purchased what I believe to be a JS30RR. The serial number is 03120949. Based on what I read at the beginning of this thread, that would make this a 2003 MII. However, ther thread also says the JS30XX series wasn't manufactured until 2004. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• A pic would be helpful since serials can be swapped.
                      It's common to see guitars made late in the year prior to the release year, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        A pic would be helpful since serials can be swapped.
                        It's common to see guitars made late in the year prior to the release year, though.
                        I can't figure out how to attach photos from my phone. However, I removed the neck and found 6A909 written at the base of the neck. A number 4 was is stamped on the underside of the neck between the screw holes. On the body there is what appears to be JKJ510 written. The guitar is a Rhodes V design with sting thru body, adjustable bridge, 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob, 3 way switch, 2 covered Jackson pickups. Headstock has Crafted in India stamped into the backside. Jackson chrome tuners. 24 fret neck w/ white dot inlays. Thanks!

Comment

• Sounds like one, and those random letters/numbers are indicative of Indian markings.
                          You need to load pics on a site such as https://imgur.com/a/zRTUD and then copy the link here.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Hopefully this works.

Comment

• Hi folks - newbie here.

I have a Jackson body which I suspect is a MIJ Dinky, serial number is 9818407 based on the neckplate. From this forum thats possibly a 1998 MIJ model. The body has no other identifying marks and has a Fender US 24 fret strat neck fitted. I'd be grateful for any info anyone could please confirm any info on the Jackson model, age and if possible the body wood ?

Many thanks - photos follow:

Last edited by Sm00ghead; 04-19-2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X