No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if double-posting.. so short recap..

Jackson DKMG, 9840519. Licensed Floyd Pro, all black hardware. Two active EMG's, rosewood 24-fret board with piranha's. Reverse headstock with made in japan sticker on it.
    I think I have all the specs there.

What year would that be from ? I read the dating thread and thank you guys a lot for sharing your knowledge. So that would be 2009/2010 ?

Thank you in advance for an answer. Take care all
    Last edited by RayTorvalds; 02-12-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• That is after I put an original Floyd on it and some other goodies

Comment

• Should be '09. 9835xxx was Jan. '09 and 9843xxx was Sept. '09.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thanks mate. You rock \m/ You have been such a great help for many people wondering about their Jacksons.

Comment

• hey I have Jackson Kelly Performer with serial number 9658649. Its has original Jackson pick ups and just one volume knob. Could it be PS-6t Korea made?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayTorvalds View Post
                Originally posted by RayTorvalds View Post
                That is after I put an original Floyd on it and some other goodies
                Great looking modded DKMG! What Duncans are these?

Comment

• Originally posted by Linas View Post
                  hey I have Jackson Kelly Performer with serial number 9658649. Its has original Jackson pick ups and just one volume knob. Could it be PS-6t Korea made?
                  That's a Japanese number for around 2000, but the PS6T was the Kelly Performer model.
                  The Korean Performers were '95-'97ish.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    Great looking modded DKMG! What Duncans are these?
                    Thank you ! The pickups are Black Winters.

Comment

• Can we talk about neck-thru Soloists? Serial number J 00063x on the fretboard at the end like US Jacksons, that would be what a 1990 MIJ? It's a Floyd'ed, HSS Professional.

I didn't read this whole thread by the way so this info might be buried in here somewhere so thanks in advance!

Comment

• Should be a 1990. Ebony board/pearl logo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                          Should be a 1990. Ebony board/pearl logo?
                          Yes, appears to be Ebony and MOP inlays and logo. I figured it was a 90 but these details are hard to nail down.

So what's the going rate for one in good condition? I've seen the earlier models priced at $1500-1800 but not sure if that's realistic.

I'm really after a Charvel 750XL in amber and hardtail but...

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

• Type in Jackson soloist pro in google and you will get an idea what they are going for. I dont think 1500 is realistic offcourse they can be listed for 10000 but i dont think anyone will buy them at that price.

Edit:
                            Sorry i think you will have to type Jackson soloist pro 1990. If you only type soloist pro it will show mostly the new stuff =/
                            Last edited by ed; 02-27-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• This link regarding the early 1990s Jackson Professional Pro guitars should help: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.php

Comment

• I'd forgotten about that DK Audiozone site, thanks guys. I "KNEW" I'd seen this stuff somewhere but when this subject came up again darned if I could find it. Bookmarked.

So a 90 Soloist Professional is the real deal, ebony, MOPs, neck through, etc. Tempting, VERY tempting... But I want a 24.75 so I think I'm going to continue my search for a 750XL amber that's in good shape and not insanely priced. ;-)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X