X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you for your expertise Mudlark.

Comment

• can anyone give me info on this srl # 9693389
      wondering its model and price new. and what it would bring in good condition.
      thank you

Comment

• If there's a 'Professional' headstock logo it'd be a '96. No logo would be circa 2003. Both made in Japan and bolt on neck.
        That said, a pic or detailed description would be advisable to be certain what you have. Serials can be inconsistent and the model can't be determined with only a serial.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• not a pro.

Comment

• cuda383, that is a DX10D, part of the Japanese "X Series" of the 2000s. If what Mudlark said about it being from 2003 is correct, it does appear in the 2003 Jackson catalog: http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...03_catalog.pdf You'll find specifications on page 25 of that PDF catalog.

To get an idea of current pricing, here are eBay's recently completed listings for the DX10D. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

I can't find a 2003 price list, but here is a 2006 price list where you can see the DX10D offered: https://assets.contentful.com/4jcppg...-List-2006.pdf
            Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 10-25-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              cuda383, that is a DX10D, part of the Japanese "X Series" of the 2000s. If what Mudlark said about it being from 2003 is correct, it does appear in the 2003 Jackson catalog: http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...03_catalog.pdf You'll find specifications on page 25 of that PDF catalog.

To get an idea of current pricing, here are eBay's recently completed listings for the DX10D. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

I can't find a 2003 price list, but here is a 2006 price list where you can see the DX10D offered: https://assets.contentful.com/4jcppg...-List-2006.pdf

OK thanks for the INFO.

Comment

• Hi I have a Jackson KE3 Kelly with the serial 9797682. I was hoping to get help to find out where it was made? There’s no other markings on the headstock other than the Jackson logo

Comment

• That's a Japanese serial, all KE3's were Japanese.
                  I assume it has black hardware? The serial indicates circa 2007 and they switched from chrome to black hardware for 2006.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    That's a Japanese serial, all KE3's were Japanese.
                    I assume it has black hardware? The serial indicates circa 2007 and they switched from chrome to black hardware for 2006.
                    Thanks for that. It does have black hardware and came with the SD JB/'59 Combo. I've had a lot of people asking me if it was Japanese made as I am selling it which made me think it was possible that it could have been made elsewhere. It's the crimson swirl Kelly

Comment

• Nice, Ive got one too. But mines slightly modded with reverse headstock and reverse sharkies. (lefty neck) I think the upside down jackson logo looks cool too. Crimson swirl looks great on a kelly body.

Comment

• Jackson DX1 1997 Trans Blue.
                        https://reverb.com/item/2189249-jackson-dx1-1997-trans-blue

I have the same guitar, serial#9850039
                        I am not sure if it really is a 98?
                        Does anyone have any input?

Last edited by dmitchell101; 01-19-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• That's a 2006-7 DK2. They obviously weren't familiar with Jacksons.

At least the Reverb ad is a DK2, not sure about the 9850039 serial'd guitar without seeing it.
                          Last edited by Mudlark; 01-19-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                            That's a 2006-7 DK2. They obviously weren't familiar with Jacksons.

At least the Reverb ad is a DK2, not sure about the 9850039 serial'd guitar without seeing it.

I have the exact same guitar: toothpaste logo, Jackson stamped on the trem, no Professional on the headstock, Seymour Duncan on the pickups. Identical, but with the afore mentioned serial. Neck plate is the same: stamped, black.
                            Serial doesn't add up.
                            I looked at a 97 catalog; indicates it could be a DX1 (DXL). Catalog says these came with Duncan Designed PUPs. I have read elsewhere that the pickups were upgraded to SD's later on that model.
                            This is mysterious to me.
                            I have read somewhere else someone also believed it was on '06 model (the Reverb guitar) The serial doesn't make sense and the same finish is apparent in the 97 catalog pic.

Thank you for your input.

Comment

• I probably told you the same thing on facebook not long ago. There was a Dinky EX involved if I'm not mistaken?

I can assure you, the Reverb guitar is a 2006 or later model not only because of the serial, but the specs/hardware.
                              If you have the exact guitar with a 985xxxx serial, it'd probably be a 2010-11 DK2. Those numbers ran in sequence.

My 9853xxx DKMGT is stamped June 2011 in the neck pocket. Japanese production stopped towards the end of 2011.

The DX1 wasn't made past '97, and they had a 'Professional' headstock logo.

The only way you're gonna' be satisfied with certainty is to remove the neck and check the date/model stamps.

Google image Jackson DX1 and DK2 Japan.

Comment

• any one know jackson natural wood color strat style 2 duncan designed pickups bolt on neck reverse headstock serial 8850639 year and model could it be a professional series

Comment

Working...
                                X