No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Soloist is neck-thru body construction. A bolt-on would be a Dinky. Yours in particular is a late '90s Dinky Reverse made exclusively for Musicians Friend. I used to have one of those bodies.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for the reply! Do you have any clue where it was made?

Comment

• Originally posted by beko1989 View Post
        Hello, I am about to buy a Jackson JJ Scott Ian Signature Guitar as you seen in the picture. Its serial number is J017346. Is it a Japanese Jackson? Can anyone help me?
        That's a Japanese serial, yes, but I don't remember seeing that bridge on a JJ model. A mod?
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by dimehed333 View Post
          Thanks a lot for the reply! Do you have any clue where it was made?
          Those stickered 65xxxxxxx serials were on the short lived Taiwanese made Jacksons.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Those stickered 65xxxxxxx serials were on the short lived Taiwanese made Jacksons.
            Is that a good thing? Where can I find the value of one of those?

Comment

• Can't say whether it's good or not. I have no reason to believe there's anything wrong with a Taiwanese Jackson. Only lower end models were made there. The JT590 Schaller tremolo on yours replaced the original JT500(or similar model tremolo with the squared base plate), so I expect the original owner thought the guitar was worth the tremolo upgrade.

As for value, they sold somewhere in the $3-500 range, toejam may recall, so they were a lower priced guitar. If I could get $300 in todays flooded used market I'd be happy, but with the Schaller I might put $400 if there's a hard case and it shines up really well.

Even then I'll be expecting to let it go for $300. $300-400 will easily get most North Americans a used Japanese made pro series bolt on with case. Even half that price if you're patient.
              The competition is tough today for sellers, but buyers are getting steals everyday.

Comment

• I don't really recall prices, but I think around $400 is what they went for. I may even have an old catalog Iaying around in a storage container with a bunch of magazines that I'll have to dig through soon. I certainly remember two models... one with dot inlays and one with the sharks like yours. What's weird is they're the only Jackson I can think of that had a sharkfin inlay on the 24th fret.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Well boys I'd say I got a steal then. Picked it up for $129 at Guitar Center just a few weeks ago. Thanks for all the info. It's my first Jackson and it'll be with me for years to come. It plays amazing. Time to check out the rest of this sweet forum! Cheers. Rock on.
                  Last edited by dimehed333; 08-06-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Hi,

It's my first mesage here... cause i'm a new jackson user, i received as a gift a jackson performer PS2. As the # number is the following : 1023528, i think it's a Korean (the dots points are far bettween them at the 12case...). if i understand without mistake, the first number say that is performer ps, and the other the year.... 02 it's for 2002? i don't explain this cause for me the performer serie ending at 2000y.... i will very happy if you could help me to confirm that my opinion is right when i think it's from Korea and what about the year of production.
                    The pickup are from jackson j70 and j135...

thanks for all.

Comment

• Those Korean serials aren't date coded to my knowledge.
                      They were Korean from '95 to '97-8. The year they moved to Japan is still uncertain, but it was no later than '98.

They ended in 2000, yes.

Comment

• thanks a lot for this answser, in fact what is important it's one this a gift and two that it can sound for what i would play.....

Comment

• Please can you please help me. I am going to buy a Jackson Rhoads Ex. Can you tell me when and where the guitar was made if I give you my serial number. The serial number is 213481. Please see attached images. The Guitar is a Rhoades EX Professional.

https://sites.google.com/view/jackson-ex-rhoades/home

Thanks
                          Last edited by [email protected]; 10-05-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• That's a 1992 serial, first year for the EX. They were made in Japan and the Japanese have a great reputation for making well made Jacksons.

Comment

• Stealth Ex Serial Number

Jackson Stealth EX. The serial number is 9409419 can someone tell me when and where the guitar was made?

Please see below hyperlink with pictures.

https://sites.google.com/view/jacksonstealthex/home
                              Last edited by [email protected]; 10-09-2017, 01:32 AM. Reason: Added Comment

Comment

• Made in Japan, 1994.
                                All guitars with a 'Professional' headstock logo were made in Japan from 1990 to circa '97-'98.

Comment

Working...
                                X