No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in Japan 1997. Model can't be determined with a serial, but...
    The 2 models than come to mind are: DX1- black hardware or an early DK2- chrome hardware.

Google some pics and see if those match up with your guitar.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      Made in Japan 1997. Model can't be determined with a serial, but...
      The 2 models than come to mind are: DX1- black hardware or an early DK2- chrome hardware.

Google some pics and see if those match up with your guitar.
      Yup. The DX1 pics are matching nicely.

Thanks much.

Comment

• Hi everyone, I have a Jackson JS90 and let me know where it was made and what year your serial number is 9696511
        Thanks

Comment

• JS90? I think you mean JS30? Reverse headstock, 2 humbuckers, Floyd Rose and dot inlays?
          That number indicates 2002-3, made in Japan.
          One of the few Japanese made JS models.[IMG][/IMG]
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• I have a Jackson RR with the custom RR on the truss rod cover it has three knobs and a 3 way switch, with floyd rose tremolo, pickups say Duncan Designed and it has the silver pick guard on glossy black and im looking to see exactly what make it is, it looks like a Custom Select but has the bolt on. Serial number is 9841600

Comment

• Originally posted by Canada Dry View Post
              I have a Jackson RR with the custom RR on the truss rod cover it has three knobs and a 3 way switch, with floyd rose tremolo, pickups say Duncan Designed and it has the silver pick guard on glossy black and im looking to see exactly what make it is, it looks like a Custom Select but has the bolt on. Serial number is 9841600
              Does it have Professional written on the headstock?
              It sounds like a pre-2006 RR3, but the serial suggests 1998 or 2010ish. A '98 RR3 may have the Professional logo. I'd suggest loading a pic. You first need to post them on a photo sharing site such as tinypic and then copy the link here.

The serial is for a Japanese made Jackson, Custom Select is USA.

Comment

• Where can I find that serial number list to identify my guitar...? It says Jackson performer and serial is 9624964, made in Japan.

Comment

• Can't determine the model with a serial number, but the number indicates 1998-99, Japan. If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck heel/neck pocket.

Which Performer does it look like?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    Can't determine the model with a serial number, but the number indicates 1998-99, Japan. If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck heel/neck pocket.

Which Performer does it look like?

[[/IMG]
                    Thank you for your reply Mudlark!
                    The only one in that picture which stands vertically, down right corner.

Comment

• If it has a tremolo it's a PS3T Rhoads. A string thru body bridge would be a PS3 Rhoads.

Comment

• Can't add pictures here but no tremolo in it. Thank you so much!

Comment

• You're welcome.
                          You have to load your pics on a site such as photobucket, tinypic etc. first, then copy the link here.

Comment

• Hi to everyone. I'm new here.
                            I used to have several Jacksons and Charvels including:
                            Jackson KV3
                            Jackson KVXMG
                            Jackson RR5
                            Charvel Model 4
                            Charvel Fusion Deluxe.

Now I'm struggling with decission about buyin' used Demmeliton V, but I'm not sure about origin.
                            Serial number is 100331 and here is gallery http://tufotki.pl/NYsha#p14541577
                            It have really low price, but unfortunatelly it was dropped onthe headstock, and crack a little. However i can manage to repair it.
                            Please tell me witch model is it so I can rescue it

Comment

• 100331 is made in Japan 2010. That'd be the high-end import Demmel model. There was the lower-end Indian made PDX, also.

Comment

• Thanks a lot. I going to buy it for $500 and repair neck/fretboard crack. Hope it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X