No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this even genuine...?? The sticker on the headstock says "crafted with quality in China"...??

Comment

• Yes, very genuine. Nothing to be surprised about. Most Jackson JS Series are made in China. Jacksons made in India had a similar sticker. Indonesian Jacksons have it as well although they are moving to labeling the back of the headstock itself.

Comment

• Thanks wrldeatr7...!!�
        Last edited by Kpshredder98; 06-14-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Hi. I am new to this thread. If anyone could help me with two serial numbers it would be much appreciated. The first is one I've had for just a little bit, I know it's a Dinky. The number is 9695012. The second is a guitar I just got today cheap on a trade. From info at the beginning of this thread, i think its a 2001 JS? The number is 01080363. Is it weird that it doesn't have the Jackson logo stamped on the back of the guitar by the serial number like my others do?

Just to add info to the thread, I have two Jackson's and know what they are (at least one). Here is the info.

Jackson Warrior XT - 9702020 (not sure of country or year)
          Jackson SLAT3-7 - 110475 (2011 7 string archtop Soloist MIJ)

Thanks!
          Last edited by bh1337; 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Can't determine the model with a serial, but the 'newer' Dinky 9695012 should be 2002-3. The numbers hit 9700000 circa 2003. If it has a 'Professional' logo on the headstock it'd be a '96. Without seeing the guitar there's no way of knowing if it's all original or a parts guitar (mutt). The serial may not be original if it's a mutt with a swapped neck/neck plate/serial.

My guess on 01080363 is it's an X series as opposed to a JS, but I may be wrong. A pic or description would be helpful since, as mentioned, mutts are common so the serial may be useless in determining year/model. Either way, 0108xxxx is 2001 India.

Neck plates on those early Indian neck plates don't always have a Jackson logo.

9702020 made in Japan 2003ish
            110475 made in Japan 2011

Japanese bolt ons usually have date/model stamps in the neck pocket if you remove the neck. Indian models have no useful info in the pocket.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thank you! I am currently having issues uploading pictures but will continue to try, I saw it explained on here a few pages back. Thanks again!

Comment

• Load them on a site such as tinypic then copy the link here.
                Click the square to the right of the globe with a red X at the top of the reply section to paste the URL link and display your pics.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

The first one is the Dinky, and the second is the JS or X? The Dinky has EMGHZ's in it. The other has TNT Dragonfire's I think. Is that a custom knob switch between the knobs? There's a small paint chip under and right outside of the switch. It has the normal pickup selector below of it (as it should?). Thanks again.
                  Last edited by bh1337; 06-15-2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]

The second is the JS/X? Is the switch between the knobs on the second one aftermarket? Thanks.

Comment

• Can anyone please help me knowing the country of origin and year of manufacture of this Jackson. It's a JS32 dinky.

Comment

• This is the JS32.

Comment

• Sorry the image quality is bad..!!! This the serial number of the JS32 CWJ1316460

Comment

• Originally posted by bh1337 View Post
                            The second is the JS/X? Is the switch between the knobs on the second one aftermarket? Thanks.
                            That's a JS1R Dinky. There was a 50/50 chance between JS and X and I guessed wrong earlier.
                            Yes, the switch was added by a previous owner as were the pickup rings. Pickups don't look original.
                            Originally posted by Kpshredder98 View Post
                            Sorry the image quality is bad..!!! This the serial number of the JS32 CWJ1316460
                            2013 model.
                            Last edited by Mudlark; 06-16-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpshredder98 View Post
                              Can anyone please help me knowing the country of origin and year of manufacture of this Jackson. It's a JS32 dinky.
                              The C in the serial number is for China, the first two digits are the year 2013. Nice guitar btw.

Comment

• Hello,

I have a Dinky that I am wondering about. Serial is 700878.

S-S-H
                                Jackson floyd
                                sharkfin inlay
                                24 frets
                                normal headstock
                                Headstock says Jackson Professional

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X