No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A misprint? Do you think that is a realistic scenario?

Comment

• As I said, I've seen them. I don't recall seeing a '90-'95 misprint, but I've seen a handful of Japanese serials misprinted. Upside down digits, missing digits, an 8xxxxxx instead of the proper 9xxxxxx. Unless the model was made in '94 (catalogues contain errors and not all models are listed in some catalogues) or someone switched the plate...a misprint is my only theory.

I can't guarantee you'll find date stamps in the neck pocket, but if you remove the neck you may find date stamps along with the model stamps. Japanese models from later in the '90s had date stamps, but I can't remember about the early '90s. Bad memory.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Can you tell me what year/model I have?

Sn: 1106192

details:
          6 In line regular facing headstock
          Two humbuckers, Dimarzio
          Floyd rose special tremolo
          3 way switch
          neck through
          24 jumbo fret, sharkfin fret markers with black dot indicators
          black hardware
          Flat top
          quilted sunburst finish

Comment

• Sounds like a 2011 SLX, made in India. The original pups were EMGhz's.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Greetings. Can you tell me what country my guitar was made and when. I paid 200 EUROS.

Comment

• Made in Japan either late '01 or early '02. My list contains 96745xx which was date stamped in the neck pocket 2002 February 28.

Removing the neck and checking the stamps is most accurate since those numbers can sometimes be inconsistent.

Great price. Used Japanese models don't often go below $300 USD. You got yours for around $227 USD.
                Last edited by Mudlark; 06-03-2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  Made in Japan either late '01 or early '02. My list contains 96745xx which was date stamped in the neck pocket 2002 February 28.

Removing the neck and checking the stamps is most accurate since those numbers can sometimes be inconsistent.

Great price. Used Japanese models don't often go below $300 USD. You got yours for around $227 USD.
                  Thank you very much. I bought it from a local music store here in Finland.

Comment

• I need help identifying the model and year of my guitar.

SN: 9688199

It's the Jackson warrior style body. EMG-HZ active pickups. Floyd rose.

From what I remember when I got it it was a 1998 or 1999 but just want to confirm.

Comment

• Black hardware/piranha inlays? If so, and the serial/neck are original, it sounds like a Japanese made WRMG.

The serial indicates 2002-3...perhaps your memory is foggy? 2002 was also the first year the WRMG was released. If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck pocket/neck heel.

Some 1996 models got a 96xxxxx serial, but the huge majority of those numbers indicate circa '96-2003. They were numbered sequentially beginning approximately '96 at 9600000, then 9600001, 9600002 etc...they hit 9700000 about 2003. But, as mentioned, the WRMG wasn't around until late '01-2002...so, '96 is out of the question.

Here's the 2003 catalogue with the specs at the back of the catalogue.
                      http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...03_catalog.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by nonex View Post
                        I need help identifying the model and year of my guitar.

SN: 9688199

It's the Jackson warrior style body. EMG-HZ active pickups. Floyd rose.

From what I remember when I got it it was a 1998 or 1999 but just want to confirm.
                        HZ pickups are not active.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Ahh, yes, HZ's are passive.

Have you never wondered why the battery required for active EMG pups has lasted over a decade?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                            Ahh, yes, HZ's are passive.

Have you never wondered why the battery required for active EMG pups has lasted over a decade?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, it looks like the battery compartment is for a boost, not the pickups.
                            Last edited by nonex; 06-12-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• There shouldn't be a battery compartment on a pre-2006 WRMG. How about a pic? It's hard to say what you have.

Comment

• Oh, my bad...there should be a battery for the boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X