No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLX. Serial sticker was removed. Should be a 2012 or newer.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

my serials 501538 and311585730

Comment

5xxxxx would be made in Japan, 1995.
        The other number doesn't look like a Jackson serial. Any pics?

edit: Is the second number on an orange-ish sticker on the headstock?
        Last edited by Mudlark; 05-22-2015, 02:41 AM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

hi, I am new here(and qoute new in playing guitar anyway...) I just got my first jackson, FINALLY! it´s jackson js32t king v bk (that what the seller said to mee about it....) so i need to know more about it! serial number(letters and numbers on the back plate) are: NHJ1037289 and it says in a stikker: MADE IN INDIA an the seller also told me that it is about two years old guitar but i want to know for sure, hope i get some help from here!

thanks!
          Jackson86 from finland!

Comment

He may have bought it two years ago, but that is a 2010 serial.
            That is a 'current' product.
            The best information about it is the Jackson website.
            Whether it be the guitar page, or an old catalog. Either way, Jackson still has that info live.

Comment

Congratulations on your Jackson.
              As mentioned, it's a 2010 model. The body is Indian cedro wood, 24 frets are jumbo, pickups are Jackson high output.
              The rosewood fret board has sharkfin inlays and a compound radius.
              Original hardware was chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Congratulations on your Jackson.
                As mentioned, it's a 2010 model. The body is Indian cedro wood, 24 frets are jumbo, pickups are Jackson high output.
                The rosewood fret board has sharkfin inlays and a compound radius.
                Original hardware was chrome.
                Ok thanks!

Comment

I'm having lots of trouble dating a Stealth PRO bolt on,ebony fb,Jackson MOP inlay,MOP dots,the # is 901620 would that be a 1990? Also the fb is scalloped from 12 up,but looks factory..Any help appreciated
                  Jackson RR1 Custom Shop,1993 RR PRO,1991 Charvel 275, 06 Jackson Dk2m, 07 Dk2m,Jackson SLSMG,1994 Jackson Stealth HX,Jackson DXMG,LTD 417,LTD MH-1000,and more!! Love my Jackson's!!

Comment

Yes, that's a 1990 serial, but the Stealth Pro first appeared in the 1992 catalogue. Any pics? You need to first post pics on a photo sharing site like photobucket or tinypic and then copy the links here.
                    My feeling is the plate isn't original.
                    The scalloping wouldn't be factory.
                    Should be a sweet guitar. How's it play/sound?

Comment

Hi JCF, found this thread while searching info on and trying to identify my friends PS4. The first four digits (can't remember the last three ones) were 1043, so that would make it a MIK, right? He has changed all the mics to duncans, so don't know what type of Jackson basic ones they've been originally. The body finish is dark (metallic?) purple (Something like in the pic below).

Would anyone have a similar guitar and/or know what wood is the body made of? I'm thinking of buying it from him but would prefer the body to be alder. What would be a decent price? He just told me to make him an offer and I don't want to come off as too cheap - or pay him too much, haha!
                      Last edited by HM-2; 06-14-2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hi JCF, found this thread while searching info on and trying to identify my friends PS4. The first four digits (can't remember the last three ones) where 1043, so that would make it a MIK, right? He has changed all the mics to duncans, so don't know what type of Jackson basic ones they've been originally. The body finish is dark (metallic?) purple (Something like in the pic below).

Would anyone have a similar guitar and/or know what wood is the body made of? I'm thinking of buying it from him but would prefer the body to be alder. What would be a decent price? He just told me to make him an offer and I don't want to come off as too cheap - or pay him too much, haha! Oh yeah, he is keeping the Duncans and going to switch back the original ones if I buy it.

Comment

That's a mid '90s Korean number, and yes, it's alder.
                          Those sold for under $500 twenty years ago, so if it's in good shape and he was a good friend, I'd give him $250. $275-350 nowadays will get you a better quality tremolo and pickups than the PS4 came with in my opinion...such as a post-2006 DKMG, DK2, RR3, KE3 etc.

Though...those $300-350 models may be harder to come by depending on your area.

Almost forgot, that finish should be Red Violet Metallic.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, Mudlark! I had been thinking about $200, but 50 bucks more is not too bad. The guitar has some minor signs of use, but those do not bother me, it plays very good. I haven't been playing for that long, but just wish to upgrade from my first guitar. I was thinking about a DKMG or DK2, too, but prefer to buy straight from my friend rather than go blind online. The local shops here only sell the JS-series, and I don't care too much about those.

Comment

Hello,

I've finally got a Pro Series RR24 a couple of weeks ago and I would know more about it's release date, is that possible from the serial, it says 073907, so probably it was made in 2007 September 3?
                              Last edited by NewHewkas; 06-29-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

The 2007 part is correct, but I'm unaware of any way to decipher month and day from those numbers...it may be possible, maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                                X