Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

and for clarity to the new users and the web search bots -

Professional series guitars will have the word Professional written on the headstock.
    Correct. That's what I'm assuming he has since he said Professional. Anything that says Professional on the headstock is definitely from Japan.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

Wait, what? There is literally an entire series of guitars called Pro Series: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...eries?sort=new

I'd argue that the Professional Series were 1990-1997 when the guitars had "Professional" written on the headstock tip, as seen in the Jackson catalogs. Starting in the 1998 catalog, "Professional" disappeared from headstocks, except for the KE3 image they used, which I suspect was an error or a leftover image they reused from a previous year. Starting in the 2002 catalog, guitars began being classified under the "Pro Series" name and I would almost backwards-extrapolate this abbreviated series name to 1998. From that point forward I don't recall ever seeing them being called "Professional Series" ever again, and "Pro Series" permanently stuck.

Summary: Professional Series were 1990-1997 and certainly 100% made in Japan. Pro Series were the natural evolution of that, from 1998 to present day, being made in Japan until 2011.

ok, i stuck my foot in my mouth that time.

I was referring to the older guitars, which were Professional Series (and written on the headstock), some of which were also Pro models - the Professional Pro.

Many people in the world (not the "regulars" to these forums) often assume the word pro is the shortened use of the word professional. They think their professional is a pro and that their pro is a professional, all because both words are the same word. And in most cases, they are the same word. But for specialty items, like Jackson Guitars, the words are two different things. Maybe even 3 different things since there is also the Fender era Pro Series.
      Professional Series. Pro Series. Pro models. All meaning different things from one another.

So, your Professional may or may not be a Pro, but neither of them are Pro. And your Pro cannot be a Professional, but I don't know if they could be a Pro.

Comment

• I recently acquired a Jackson RR neck thru with the serial number stamped on the fretboard #1104223. I was told it is Japanese built. All the research I’ve done doesn’t match up. Anyone have any ideas??

Comment

• Originally posted by TMAM View Post
          I recently acquired a Jackson RR neck thru with the serial number stamped on the fretboard #1104223. I was told it is Japanese built. All the research I’ve done doesn’t match up. Anyone have any ideas??
          Sounds more like an X-Series made in India in 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post

Sounds more like an X-Series made in India in 2011.
            So mine is solid black, it has a brushed black pickguard with a toggle not a strat style switch. It does have the Duncan design pickups. I just want to make sure it isn’t anything special because I want to swap all the hardware out to gold.

Comment

• Hi, does anyone knows which model is my Jackson, date and place of manufacture? The previous owner has removed a knob and changed the pickups. The sn is 9661190.

thanks!
              Last edited by Aleraiter89; 09-21-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Can't see your pics. You need to load them on a site such as imgur and then copy the link here.
                A detailed description may work otherwise.
                The model usually can't be identified with just a serial, and the serial may indicate '96, or 2000-1 depending on the model.
                Is there anything other than Jackson written on the headstock?

Pretty safe to assume you have a bolt on, though.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X