Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I'd say March '07, too.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• How did you do it?

Comment

• I have a list of serials I've compiled based on the hang tags from the guitars.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• hi
          I have a DKMG with serial number : 9852176
          how ton know the year fabrication ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sebcos View Post
            hi
            I have a DKMG with serial number : 9852176
            how ton know the year fabrication ?
            Volume/tone knobs or volume/tone/boost knobs?

2 knobs should be 2010-11. My DKMGT was stamped June 2011 in the neck pocket and the serial is 9853xxx.

3 knobs should be 2005ish. A number of mid 2000 models got a 98 instead of 97 serial for reasons unknown.
            The numbers ran in sequence and generally 9800000 began circa 2007.

Comment

• only volume and tone knobs wirth 85/81 emg pick up

Comment

• Ok, 2010-'11. The neck pocket would have the year/month/day stamped if you're curious.

Comment

• ​in the spring box ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sebcos View Post
                    ​in the spring box ?
                    No, there will be nothing noteworthy to see in the spring box (presuming you mean the rear tremolo cavity where the tremolo springs and claw are). You need to disassemble the neck from the body to see the stamps on the neck heel and neck pocket, as seen in the examples below.

Comment

• Serial: 9739769
                      Date Codes: Neck - 8/23/2005, Body - 8/2/2005
                      Model Number: 290-0103-503
                      Origin: Made in Japan
                      Series: MG
                      Model Name: DXMG
                      Year: 2005
                      Style: Dinky with reversed Jackson 6-In-Line Pointed headstock
                      Color: Black
                      Body Species: Alder
                      Neck Type: bolt-on maple, ivoroid binding on neck and headstock
                      Fingerboard: rosewood
                      Last edited by 405HP_Z06; 11-26-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• My guitars:

Serie: 400456
                        Origen: Hecho en Japón
                        Nombre del modelo: Professional Dinky XL
                        Año: 1994

Serie: 311670
                        Nombre del modelo: Professional Fusion plus
                        Año:1993

Serie: 9761193
                        Nombre del modelo: Dinky DK2
                        Año: 2006

Serie: 9781385
                        Nombre del modelo: Dinky DK2 eerie dess swirl
                        Año: 2005

Comment

• I have a Black Jackson Professional Soloist Pro Neckthrough SN:J 001126.

I think it's 1990 but info gets a bit sketchy around then so I am not sure if it's US or MIJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnytron View Post
                            I have a Black Jackson Professional Soloist Pro Neckthrough SN:J 001126.

I think it's 1990 but info gets a bit sketchy around then so I am not sure if it's US or MIJ.
                            Anything that is from the Professional series is only made in Japan.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post

Anything that is from the Professional series is only made in Japan.
                              and for clarity to the new users and the web search bots -

Professional series guitars will have the word Professional written on the headstock.
                              This is different than the pro models. Professional vs pro. Series vs model.
                              There are Professional pro guitars. There is no Pro series.*

*error. further explained below
                              Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-18-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                                There is no Pro series.
                                Wait, what? There is literally an entire series of guitars called Pro Series: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...eries?sort=new

I'd argue that the Professional Series were 1990-1997 when the guitars had "Professional" written on the headstock tip, as seen in the Jackson catalogs. Starting in the 1998 catalog, "Professional" disappeared from headstocks, except for the KE3 image they used, which I suspect was an error or a leftover image they reused from a previous year. Starting in the 2002 catalog, guitars began being classified under the "Pro Series" name and I would almost backwards-extrapolate this abbreviated series name to 1998. From that point forward I don't recall ever seeing them being called "Professional Series" ever again, and "Pro Series" permanently stuck.

Summary: Professional Series were 1990-1997 and certainly 100% made in Japan. Pro Series were the natural evolution of that, from 1998 to present day, being made in Japan until 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X