whats the charvel magic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the charvel magic?

hey guys im picking up my 3DR tomorrow, im just wondering, these guitars are literally 10 times cheaper (200-300) than the top of the line jacksons and charvels out there.

but what makes them so desirable and actually just as worth to play on stage? infact does the guitar have the strength and tone, soundwise, to be played onstage? is it the neck which is basically just as good as top of the line necks?
    are they basically built with the same crafstmanship as top guitars? (only with no mother of pearl and expensive finishes? id like to know more about why these low priced collectable guitars are special!

Charvels are awesome, once you play it you'll see why everyone raves on about them.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Comment

youre driving me nuts! i cant wait!!!!! 23 more hours til i get my first charvel!

Comment

I've only once played a new Jackson. It was a DK2 if i remember rightly (it was a while ago!). I own a Charvel Model 3 and I recall thinking that my Charvel felt and played slightly better than the DK2. Maybe it was just me, and I'm certain that there are people on this forum who believe that the DK2 would be the better guitar, but for feel, I love my Model 3 and wouldn't change it for the world. I've heard that the 3DR is an awesome bit of kit, so you should indeed be jumping up and down with excitement. Enjoy it!
        Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

but what makes them so desirable and actually just as worth to play on stage? infact does the guitar have the strength and tone, soundwise, to be played onstage? is it the neck which is basically just as good as top of the line necks?
          are they basically built with the same crafstmanship as top guitars? (only with no mother of pearl and expensive finishes? id like to know more about why these low priced collectable guitars are special!
          You must see for yourself grasshopper.

Comment

ok so im guessing ur getting a Model 3 but whats the DR stand for?

I myself have a Model 6 and it is that good that i will NEVER get rid of it, they seriously r just as good as a high end guitar.

EDIT: ah yeah after doing a google image search i see now, very nice
            Last edited by AussieTerry84; 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM.
            USA Jackson RR1
            Charvel Model 6
            Jackson Performer-2
            Orange Dark Terror
            EVH 5150 LBX
            Hello Senòr

Comment

DR = Dinky Reverse.

(Dinky = smaller body

Reverse = reverse headstock)
              http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                DR = Dinky Reverse.

(Dinky = smaller body

Reverse = reverse headstock)
                I learned something today! Thanks wanthairspray. So a DK2L is a dinky left hander, right?
                Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

The 90's Jackson and Charvel guitars ARE that good believe me.Even the lower end Professional series. The 90's all out Pro series are even better.
                  The newer DK 2's are fine but not as good IMO. The 80's model series Charvels kick ass too, very high quality guitars.
                  I would not hesitate to play either one on stage.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    The newer DK 2's are fine but not as good IMO. The 80's model series Charvels kick ass too, very high quality guitars.
                    I would not hesitate to play either one on stage.
                    I've played my Model 3 many times on stage and it's NEVER let me down, though when some muppet walked across the stage during a break and knocked it off the stand I was lucky not to get arrested for manslaughter

Comment

Working...
                    X