Model 88 fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 88 fans

The bay has a Model 88 neck (listed as a model 3) that looks to be in very good condition. This same seller had a 88 Body for sale recently (serial # 251 I think), I tossed a bid but it was shilled up too high.. cocksmiths! I really wanted to pull a Budman and strip it down... That 88 is awe inspiring.
    Any way, since I started a Model 88 thread, lets see some pictures. Cyg, you know you want to...

I have #299 and love it.Very special guitars its a shame some dik would part out a complete original 88.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sweet, I dont know if I will ever score one but have always wanted one.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I suppose it isn't remarkable, but I'm impressed with the variation in the grain
        character on different 88's. I've seen them wavey, straight, dark to light, tight and open.
        And the tobacco burst has different characteristics, also.
        What is the accurate weight on these guitars? I never weighed it...it's at least as heavy as vintage Les Paul's, if not more.
        Yours is indeed sweet.

Comment

I've considered making one.
          You know, since you can't find them around for normal money.
          Source a cool body, and neck.
          Seems like a cool project.
          I wonder.
          hmmmmmmmmmm
          hehe
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            I've considered making one.
            You know, since you can't find them around for normal money.
            Source a cool body, and neck.
            Seems like a cool project.
            I wonder.
            hmmmmmmmmmm
            hehe
            Sorry, but African ribbon mahogany is illegal, I guess like African Ivory.
            And, it's much heavier than South American, pacific region, or other mahoganies.
            I don't know for sure, just relating what I've learned about the guitar.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...light=model+88

My altered 88 is here.

Comment

Just weighed my 88 its 8lbs.
                Lets get everybody to weigh theirs and see who has the heaviest log.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I guess I'll have to settle for regular Mahogany.
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Mine weighs in at around 8 lbs too, (bathroom scale). The serial is 0050 BTW. I do have to say, it takes a real douche to part out an 88, unless of course it's damaged or something. However the dude mentioned above parted out an absolute mint 88... The body literally had no dings whatsoever...... THAT is difficult to come by. I am really hoping Budman will read this and grace us with pictures of his (stunning) Model 88 and maybe toss up some pictures of his Avenger (never seen it, heard good things!!!) hint hint!!!!

Comment

Alright, here's a shot for you, Carless.

Comment

I recently saw an ad for one of these. Seller is asking 550€ for it (around 870 US $ with the dollar being so low these days). I'm considering snagging it. Looks tasty but not exactly what I'm after...I'm really on the fence about it.

Comment

Can you provide enough details so that I might snag it behind your back please?
                          --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna say get it, and then if you don't like it, sell it to me.

Comment

I would "almost" kill for one.
                              :/
                              Sad state of affairs, huh?
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X