Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deLuther
    replied
    First digit after C on mine is 8 so it`s from 88, it has some type of lava cracle finish (non stanard - check link above).

Leave a comment:

• dg
    replied
    Some of the later '88 ones had that nut. A few guys here have them. For some reason, it seems like a lot of the ones with the Rainbow Crackle finish had it. Probably because they did that finish late in the run.

Leave a comment:

• deLuther
    replied
    I even prefer my Model 6 to Caparison TAT
    (I got Caparison because of non-recessed tremolo and because it close to modern soloist specifications - i.e. alder wings).
    Anyone has Model 6 with standard "floydish" nut? (Without any modification).
    Mine has "floydish" nut made by Kahler.

Leave a comment:

• finnman
    replied
    My model 6 is tuned 1/2 step down.
    EMG's sa/sa 81.

Neck switch is a PA-2 boost
    Middle switch turns both EMG sa's on
    Bridge switch turns EMG 81 on

Knobs are
    1-Volume
    2-SPC (mid-range boost)
    3-tone knob

Black Kayler and nut was replaced with chrome ones by me.
    I had to make a metal shim to raise the Kayler up alittle due to the neck angle.
    This was some times done according to the Kayler web site to keep the strings at the proper angle to the neck.
    I love to play this one, but I like my SL2H just alittle more.

Leave a comment:

• Sunbane
    replied
    Yeah, the early toothpaste neck-throughs were odd like that, but it's a really good bridge config that I wish more guitars had.

Leave a comment:

• Tekky
    replied
    OK, I stand corrected. I had always considered that recessed, but with the true meaning of recess I guess that is not the case here.

Leave a comment:

• Sunbane
    replied
    Originally posted by Tekky View Post
    The model 6 is non-recessed, but the 650 is recessed.
    Negative. The bridge on the 650 is definitely non-recessed (or "top mounted" if you will). However, it also has a pull-up route for additional pull-up range (just like on the Caparisons). The presence of a route does not equal a recessed bridge.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 11-15-2007, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tekky
    replied
    The model 6 is non-recessed, but the 650 is recessed.

Leave a comment:

• Sunbane
    replied
    The M6 and the 650 are both really close to a Jackson Soloist, but they have an old-school heel, and more importantly; a non-recessed trem. It's like they're patterened after a typical mid-to-late 80's Soloist. Except - they have rosewood boards instead of ebony.

Leave a comment:

• dogueboy
    replied
    Cool like I said my friend would never give his Model 6 up. He has a SH1 and a SL2H and the Charvel gets way more play time.

Leave a comment:

• rjohnstone
    replied
    The 650 and the Model 6 are essentially the same guitar.
    Different trem and nut, but the rest of it is pretty much unchanged.

Leave a comment:

• dogueboy
    replied
    WOW this disscussion is great. I Do not know a great deal about the Charvels. But after reading this thread it gives a lot more information as far as tech about the Model 6. I was always told that the Charvel Model 6 is the closes you can get to a SL1. My one friend says he actually prefers the Model 6 to his SL1. I had not heard to much about the Charvel 650 how do they compare to the Model 6?

Leave a comment:

• dg
    replied
    My Model 6 neck measures just a tiny bit wider at the nut than my other Model Series necks (about 1/32" or ~.5mm). I think the difference is probably due to the binding + the thickness of the clearcoat. The string spacing is identical, and to me it feels like any other 1 11/16" neck.

Leave a comment:

• deLuther
    replied
    Is it true, that model 6 has nut width of 1 3/4 (~44 mm) opposed to soloist`s 1 11/16 (~42 mm)? I did not find specifications of neck dimensions for model series of 86-88. 650 (and that series) has soloist nut width according to catalogs.

ps. Mine has 44 mm width.
    psps. By searching the forum I found that nut width is 1 11/16 on most import charvels (my Fusion has this width).
    Maybe my model 6 is some kind of custom made: http://malefice.fatal.ru/files/Caparison/MyGuitars.htm
    Last edited by deLuther; 11-15-2007, 04:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dracobaco
    replied
    Yep.......but Iwas refering to the H/H model. They had a 5-way blade switch.........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X