charvettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvettes

i know charvettes are the bottom of the barrel but are there any worth getting a hold of? how about one with a floyd and HSS setup? maybe replace neck and have a good guitar?
    don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

The neck is usually not the issue with Charvettes, it's the body and hardware that sucks.

Some bodies are made from actual solid pieces of wood and others are plywood.

Pull the neck off and see what you have.
    If it's solid, replace the hardware and you'll have a decent guitar.
    If it's plywood, don't waste your money.
    -Rick

Comment

There are still so many good guitars out there at great prices that don't need all the hardware and/or pickups replaced. I just don't see the point in buying a Charvette. Even if you score one for $50, you'll be in Model 2 $$ territory by the time you get it playing & sound decent. Just my opinion, and I know plenty of guys get a kick out of tinkering. I do too, but only up to a point.

Comment

There's polishing a worthy turd, then there's polishing a turd at which everybody will laugh. This is the latter.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i get the point,lol
          don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

Depends what country your in..I bought one for $250NZ. Spent $240 on Dimarzios. The singles didnt fit so I made the pickup routes bigger with a drill...
            Later sold the pickups for $220...sold the guitar in pieces for $290
            It played fine, neck is by far the best part...
            Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Working...
            X