Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chime

Comment

• Congrats! That is one sweet looking axe!

Comment

• At school now. Thank god I went home for lunch! The damn thing arrived. Will post pics once I get home! Woohoo!
        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

• So Dred, you're the new owner? Congrats.

I've just added #70 to the database! Out of how many produced, I wonder.... 6000?
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

• anyone know the connection between Chushin gakki and Caparison? seems like i
            heard about one somewhere....marty

Comment

• We got into it a bit here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78534

Apparently some of the info from that thread helped the guys at the Caparison board sort the story out (see the "correction" part):

http://www.caparisonforum.com/forum/...56&postcount=2

Comment

• Here's my beaut'.

Solid Green/Blue Sparkle finish, fine flakes (hard to tell if it's blue or green)
                Double Locking Tremolo
                Jackson stamped bridge
                Pullup route
                Wide pickup rings
                Half recessed knobs
                C900379

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                So Dred, you're the new owner? Congrats.

I've just added #70 to the database! Out of how many produced, I wonder.... 6000?
                Yup, I finally own one. The way you said it, makes me wonder if you're familiar with that particular axe. Wonder if the seller is a member here.
                Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

• my new 750xl

ok finally made it into this club heres my new axe. and i have to say after owning it less than 24 hours. i absolutely love this guitar. it's the best i've ever owned.untill now it was my 650xl.and(i won't hold my breath).i want another 1.http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMGP0205.jpg
                  ok it won't load my url image. theres the link
                  stop at full speed at 100 miles per hour. the colgate invisible shield finally got em.

Comment

• So, i finally have my 750xl
                    Doesn't have nearly the flamed top that marty's hardtail does, but i'm still loving it.

Originally, i was supposed to receive the desert crackle as listed on ebay, but Paul also had a transpurple, so i hopped on that. great guy. Paul if you see this post, thanks again.

This is my first 24 fret, and tremolo guitar, so i'm having lots of fun.

Some people don't like the toothpaste logo, but i think it's gorgeous.
                    Apparently the tip was busted (i don't have any before shots), but Paul's repair job looks really good, as you can see below:

Paint is a little different, but not noticeable, especially from the front.

Comment

• managed to find a replament hardcase for my 750xl. it fits mine really fine.now with a hardcase,it is easy for me to sale my 750 here in msia

Last edited by masxwave; 03-18-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Sorry to bump up such an old thread, but sure beats starting another.

Can anyone here confirm if all 750xl's in trans colours were mahogany and solid finishes were basswood/alder?

Many thanks

Comment

• Yes, all trans colors were mahogany. All solid finishes were basswood. You can read it here:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...0xl-guitar.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by agresivo View Post
                            Yes, all trans colors were mahogany. All solid finishes were basswood. You can read it here:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...0xl-guitar.htm
                            "I have seen and heard enough to believe, that some if not all Charvel 750 XL solid colored guitar bodies are made of basswood (most likely) or possibly alder (still capped with a maple top)." Maybe some solid colored 750 XL models had mahogany bodies and some did not......just sayin......

Comment

• I just picked this up last Friday at a pawnshop for an amazing price

1989 Flamed Amber 750 XL

SN: C903075

Jackson Plastic covers
                              deep access cuts
                              full knob recesses
                              Jackson stamp on trem

Here's the pics:

Comment

Working...
                              X