This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Before you ask for identification **

Please note that the Charvel import models cannot be identified solely by a serial number. While it is possible to determine whether it is a neck-thru or a bolt-on, please supply information such as pickup configuration, knob configuration, tremolo, and neck construction.
    Occupy JCF

Re: ** Before you ask for identification **

5 stars for that one [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And pictures are helpful too.

Comment

how do you post pics here?

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...;page=0#370213
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Is there a code basis for the number? I have a neck-thru with a C60xxx serial number. I take it C doesn't stand for California. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

No.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Is there a code basis for the number? I have a neck-thru with a C60xxx serial number. I take it C doesn't stand for California. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                there is....neckthrus with a C serial are Charvels. Those with a J are Jacksons. The first number after the letter indicates the year. Your guitar is an '86 model Charvel. Beyond that, can't tell what it is without more information
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]thanks! pics are coming. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]u da man
                  "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Hey, thought I might add this to the discussion. This was a great resource for me when I first strated lurking around the board.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25286
                    How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

I have an import but the serial number doesn't have a letter at the start it's 257559. It's a bolt-on with an open pick-up on a mount at the bridge and two strat style pick-ups at the neck and in the centre. I think it's a Model 1A But I'd like to know what year it is.
                      Squeeze my lemon

Comment

I have a Model 2 from 1987, serial: 254578. Yours is probably from the same year.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

OK, thanks.
                          Squeeze my lemon

Comment

Model 2s had one pickup, so yours is either a 3 or 4. The 1As had pickguards like Fenders IIRC.

To clarify the serialization mentioned above just a bit, only neckthrough Charvels had "C+6" serials. Bolt-ons didn't get a letter, just 6 numbers.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Mine looks pretty much the same as the 1A here
                              http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...ortsPage02.htm

Except it has a double pick-up at the bridge.

Is there a way of aging them with the serial number?
                              Squeeze my lemon

Comment

Working...
                              X