Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 750XL nut width

Hi guys,

First apologies if I should have used the "750XL information" thread, but seeing as it hasn't been updated in a decade or more, thought I should post here.

So I've recently been on the lookout for guitars of any brand that have 24 (or more) frets, 24.75" scale, and a nut width greater than 1 11/16" . According to Axebition, the Charvel750XL fits this as they had a 1 3/4" nut width. I can't find any other spec sheets (whether on reverb for sold listings or catalogs or wherever) that confirm this, so I was just wondering if anyone knew? Or on an aside, if anyone knew any other models, Charvel or otherwise, that fit my bill?

Thanks!

I would say all the Fusion models from Charvel and Jackson. They were 24.75 inch scale length. Not sure if the nut width was 1 3/4 inch on all though.

Comment

I measured a couple of my Fusions. They measure 1 11/16"

Comment

Thanks! So it sounds like those kramers from the 80s are about the only r5 nut sized models out there in production

Comment

Very likely.

I have a 750XL, AT Pro, and plenty of Fusions. The necks all have the same neck width, and it's not 1 3/4". I've never measured but I think a wide neck like that would stick out like a sore thumb in my hand.

I think the only time I played a wide neck was an ESP Kami 1. I wish I would have bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by jco5055 View Post
            Thanks! So it sounds like those kramers from the 80s are about the only r5 nut sized models out there in production
            Which Kramers were those? Of the few Kramers I've had they all had R2 nuts. These were Striker and Focus models. The original Nightswan had an R1 and the Re-issues are R2.

Comment

there were a few san dimas charvels that had the 1 3/4" nut...i had one...but i've never heard of any production charvel having one with the exception of the legacy series...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
              X