750XL vs 650XL neck profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750XL vs 650XL neck profile?

Does anybody have or has played both and can tell me how the neck's thickness and profile compare between these two guitars? I am considering selling my 650XL to fund the purchase of a 750XL as I prefer the shorter scale. I also like the thinner neck that flattens on the back of the Fusion series better than the thicker rounder profile of the 650XL. If the profiles are the same between the 650 and 750 I'm not sure I want to give up my 650 just for the shorter scale. Even though I rarely play it 'cause I mostly play my Fusions. I mostly want a neck-thru/ set neck that feels like the Fusions.

the 750 short scale 650 normal , they are best
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
      Does anybody have or has played both and can tell me how the neck's thickness and profile compare between these two guitars? I am considering selling my 650XL to fund the purchase of a 750XL as I prefer the shorter scale. I also like the thinner neck that flattens on the back of the Fusion series better than the thicker rounder profile of the 650XL. If the profiles are the same between the 650 and 750 I'm not sure I want to give up my 650 just for the shorter scale. Even though I rarely play it 'cause I mostly play my Fusions. I mostly want a neck-thru/ set neck that feels like the Fusions.
      650 feels better, 750 short scale 24 frets both 24 frets don't like being domb
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

650 feels better, 750 short scale 24 frets both 24 frets don't like being domb
        I'll most likely just keep the 650. That way I have a neck thru 25.5" scale guitar. Since I recently bought that LTD '87 reissue Eclipse I have a 24.75" scale neck trough.

Comment

My trans cherryburst 750 measurements are 20,3mm 1st fret 20,95mm 7th fret 22,3mm 12th fret. Its a bit thicker than my charvel fusion plus neck. Also its somewhat heavy being 4,1kg

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
            My trans cherryburst 750 measurements are 20,3mm 1st fret 20,95mm 7th fret 22,3mm 12th fret. Its a bit thicker than my charvel fusion plus neck. Also its somewhat heavy being 4,1kg
            Thanks for the measurements. That helps a lot. That's pretty close to my 650. It's 20.24mm @ 1st, 20.5mm @ 3rd and 23.8mm @ 12th fret.

Comment

Thanks for the measurements. That helps a lot. That's pretty close to my 650. It's 20.24mm @ 1st, 20.5mm @ 3rd and 23.8mm @ 12th fret.
              Buy the 750. they are hard to get

Comment

Buy the 750. they are hard to get
                They dont come up that often. lately a few have been in reverb for somewhat high prices.

Comment

They dont come up that often. lately a few have been in reverb for somewhat high prices.
                  I'm jut stiuid

Comment

Just buy it

Comment

That's what has created this delima. There is a red metallic/ magenta one on there. To me it's priced high at $1900 as it's got some defects but if they drop the price enough I will be tempted to pick it up and sell my 650. There is that trans blue, but I like the red one. There is another red one, but they want way too much to me.

Comment

Just buy it
                        You are not helping my G.A.S. at all.

Comment

Buy it

Comment

they were one grand in 2015 so if you can get one get it

Comment

Keep the 750XL, sell a kidney, and buy the 650XL

Comment

Working...
                              X