Value of a 80's Japanese Model 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a 80's Japanese Model 1

I am thinking of purchasing a pointy early 80's stock charvel model 1 in 100% condition maple board in Ferrari red. What is an accurate price to pay for it?
    Last edited by rscharvelplr71; 09-13-2022, 07:42 AM.

For me I'd be in at 500 bucks tops, and that would be with the factory chain saw or another hard case. Maple board is a premium IMHO too. Watching the asking prices I think a lot of people have gone off the deep end of the pool the past couple of years. Sure demand has driven up pricing, but that doesn't mean they're selling at the exorbitant prices we're been seeing. Most of the one's I see sell are around the 500 to 600 buck mark.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!

Comment

Id look for a model 2 instead myself, unless you are looking at a 1a

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
          Id look for a model 2 instead myself, unless you are looking at a 1a
          Model !'s use to sell for more than model 2's IDK why but they did, he probably wants the maple neck and can setup a guitar good enough to use a non-locking trem. they use to sell for around 4 so 5-6 hundred would be a deal now. I wouldn't pay that, but it would be a good price now!
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Model !'s use to sell for more than model 2's IDK why but they did, he probably wants the maple neck and can setup a guitar good enough to use a non-locking trem. they use to sell for around 4 so 5-6 hundred would be a deal now. I wouldn't pay that, but it would be a good price now!
            You are probably right, I myself love the model 2's. I know its crazy the price of things these days, but the quality of the model series still today is better then a lot of the guitars available at local music stores.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post

You are probably right, I myself love the model 2's. I know its crazy the price of things these days, but the quality of the model series still today is better then a lot of the guitars available at local music stores.
              I'm a sucker for the Model series guitars too. I ended up selling all my USA stuff years ago after I'd bought several Model 2's. I like most any of the Model or Contemporary series guitars, but the Model 2 and Predator are my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I'm a sucker for the Model series guitars too. I ended up selling all my USA stuff years ago after I'd bought several Model 2's. I like most any of the Model or Contemporary series guitars, but the Model 2 and Predator are my favorites.
                I like the model series too, both older and toothpaste. The facts are that model 1's sold for more than 2's 10-14 years ago and probably still do. I don't own (have) a 1 but do have a 2 among others.
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks for the info the idea is to buy 1 of each of the model guitars in excellent to perfect condition. I did buy the model 1. It is in absolutely unplayed condition with the original tags on it. No swirls, no scratches. The individual bought it wanted to learn to play, went to 1 lesson and put it in a closet untouched for 36 years. It plays like a new guitar. I will play it from time to time but the goal is to keep it in the same condition it's in now.

Comment

Working...
                  X