550xl, 650xl and 750xl reunited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 550xl, 650xl and 750xl reunited!

Finally I managed to get hold of the three main "XLs". I have always preferred the XLs instead of the "model" due to the pick selector and the schaller trem.

So the 550xl is stock, the 650xl has a Gotoh trem, the 750xl was pretty beaten up and needed a small repair so i have got it stripped and re-painted. All original pickups/electronics.

My favourite? The 650XL

??

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by sonikk71 View Post
      Pics?
      I don't see any pictures either.

Comment

that's weird!!! The pics were there when created the thread....let's try again

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

I have all three too. Would be nice if the pictures worked.

550XL is a metallic black
            650XL is metal grey
            750XL is flamed heritage cherry sunburst

Comment

DonP, i had to upload the images on a "image host" site, this one: https://it.imgbb.com/

then i have copied the URL and pasted into the "add image" function you find in the text editor bar above.

Comment

The 650 does it for me! Would love to obtain one or any nice toothpaste logo Charvel .I can't believe that back in the 80's , & even into the early 90's I was such a uninformed guitar snob. I looked at anything MIJ as garbage and only owned USA Charvel/Jacksons . Now I am a MIJ junkie! I want to grab as many older ones as I can , seeing how the Brand new ones now cost about $2-3K . Tough now as I have 3 kids in college & expensive health issues .

Comment

Very nice touch on the 750xl inlay and logo. I happen to have an original turquoise one - very rarely do they pop up.
                  Last edited by Jr.; 06-21-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

A turquoise one? Show the picture, it must be beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by GiampSqua View Post
                      A turquoise one? Show the picture, it must be beautiful!

Comment

That is soo cool!!! I didn't even know that was one of the original colours....i chosen to repaint mine (was originally cream) to turquoise cause i love it. Very very cool man!

Comment

That is soo cool!!! I didn't even know that was one of the original colours....i chosen to repaint mine (was originally cream) to turquoise cause i love it. Very very cool man!
                          Yeah not many people realise. But if you check the catalogue, it's listed as a colour option. I've only ever seen two other original ones on the interweb, and maybe three refinishes. Good choice! The 750XL cream colour has been described as "Snowpiss", lol

Comment

I have a so many. I'll buy one
                            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

that's weird!!! The pics were there when created the thread....let's try again

I could see them in that post. Damn nice looking herd there!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X