Dk22sss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk22sss

Hi, new member, first post….I bought a new dk22 …love it but had a few technical issues. The low E string only intonates if the bridge saddle spring is removed and the saddle is moved all the way back flush with the bridge plate…. ? If anything else to do about this? The other other strings intonate in a typical position, the neck is straight and seems to be aligned correctly.
    Also, per charvel tech support, the bridge plate should be flush the body but ,if that’s the case , the saddles would be very high. Not sure if have the bridge plate a little above the body matters as long as it’s parallel?
    Lastly, have some “stratitis “ on the low E above the 12 th fret…normally lowering the pickup would be the solution but per tech support, the direct mount pickups are not height adjustable, any thoughts? Thx in advance!

If I bought a new guitar that would not intonate with out removing parts I would see about returning it.

Comment

yeah that seems whack. and I'm guessing you already checked the relief, so if that's not an issue then it seems like cause for a replacement.

the one thing I might check before that is the neck angle (though I have no idea what the nominal neck angle on that model is), because if the neck angle is off that could cause the issues you're seeing, and might be fixable with a neck pocket shim (if you would be willing to live with that). though in my case if a new guitar had an incorrect neck angle I would return it.

Comment

I agree, it’s odd for just one string not to intonate well…I thought it may be related to the magnetic string pull…there is a lot of internet chatter and you tube videos about strats with low E string intonation issues…lowering pickups and clipping the saddle spring in half to shorten its length when fully compressed is 1 suggested fix. In its current set up with no saddle spring it does intonate adequately, and the guitar plays so well and sounds so good, I’m hesitant to return it..lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brmr View Post
          I agree, it’s odd for just one string not to intonate well…I thought it may be related to the magnetic string pull…there is a lot of internet chatter and you tube videos about strats with low E string intonation issues…lowering pickups and clipping the saddle spring in half to shorten its length when fully compressed is 1 suggested fix. In its current set up with no saddle spring it does intonate adequately, and the guitar plays so well and sounds so good, I’m hesitant to return it..lol.
          if it's NEW I'd most defiantly return it if it had any issues, besides a normal setup.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Returning it would not be the wrong recommendation…I tweaked the neck alignment a hair which improved the low E string intonation ( not touching the bridge plate anymore) , leveled the bridge plate and it plays better, better tuning stability….the fret work on this guitar is terrific and it’s become the guitar I play the most so it’s a keeper…doesn’t need any major work and I’ve become attached to it…lol

Comment

I was going to say to try a new string, I've had bad wound strings just not intonate- but seems like you fixed it anyway. Well, enjoy your guitar!
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

I did get a new string which I think helped. It’s a little odd how far back the low E bridge saddle is but since it all works and the guitar plays and sounds so great, I am happy,! Thanks!

Comment

Just an update…I asked the question about the low E string that wouldn’t seem to intonate on the know your gear YouTube show. He recommended just starting over by setting the saddle at 25.5 inches and it intonated perfectly…I must have just “blown past” the proper position…now it’s great!

Comment

Working...
                  X