Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 650-XL with Zakk Wylde style custom graphic

Hello,
    I've found for sale in Italy a Charvel 650 XL guitar with Zakk Wylde style custom graphic and EMG pickups.
    Could it be original?
    These are some pictures:

https://pics.mercatinomusicale.com/p...1630250814.jpg
    https://pics.mercatinomusicale.com/p...1630250818.jpg
    https://pics.mercatinomusicale.com/p...1630250822.jpg
    https://pics.mercatinomusicale.com/p...1630250826.jpg
    https://pics.mercatinomusicale.com/p...1630250830.jpg
    https://pics.mercatinomusicale.com/p...1630250834.jpg

Thnaks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by francesco73; 09-03-2021, 04:43 AM.

Twisted Sister used the Bullseye graphic on a Charvel. Long before Zakk Wylde came around with his Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      Twisted Sister used the Bullseye graphic on a Charvel. Long before Zakk Wylde came around with his Gibson.
      So is it possibile for a 650-XL model to have that custom graphic?

Comment

**You are 'overseas', so there could be guitars for those markets that people in the US never heard of.

The EMG set is not original. Luckily, neither is the route used for the single coils.
        So, if you check inside the routes, you can check the coloring. If the route matches the finish, the finish is not original. If it is bare wood, or if it is some sort of aftermarket black, it might be original.

Comment

Originally posted by francesco73 View Post
          No, it's not original. The routes should match as you do take pickups out to paint it, even if it's painted in your backyard.

You can tell the back is original and the fronts not by the quality of the finish.
          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-03-2021, 07:57 AM.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

After zooming in on the images (seeing the flaws), I am voting 'no' to original.
            I felt 'no' from the beginning. But anything is possible.
            Last edited by pianoguyy; 09-03-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

When I just zoomed in the jagged edges (where the tape or whatever was used) just makes my point and the cover up of a chunk in the top part of your guitar. Still a great guitar
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

650 pic.jpg

Zoom in on that lol

Comment

Thank you all for your checks. I was pretty sure it wasn't original, but your confirmation was important. This way I avoided a wrong purchase.

Comment

Thank you all for your checks. I was pretty sure it wasn't original, but your confirmation was important. This way I avoided a wrong purchase.
                    Might still be a good deal. What are they wanting for it? Oh, you should probably show them some pics I only mark a few the others are sooo obvious i didn't.

Comment

https://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm...id7011292.html

Comment

That's 800 US that's not bad for another country. I'd probably do 700.US for as is, Show them some pic's and tell them everyone wants it factory. Which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

That's 800 US that's not bad for another country. I'd probably do 700.US for as is, Show them some pic's and tell them everyone wants it factory. Which is true.
                          It is certainly not an excessive price for a player looking for a great guitar. But I am mainly a collector and therefore I only buy completely original guitars. In fact, the prices of Charvel and Jackson guitars in Europe are a little lower than in the United States. For example this week I bought a 1996 Jackson DK2 Hot Rod Flames in mint condition for 270 eur and a Jackson JSX-94 Concept Series in very good condition for 175 eur (case included).

Comment

It is certainly not an excessive price for a player looking for a great guitar. But I am mainly a collector and therefore I only buy completely original guitars. In fact, the prices of Charvel and Jackson guitars in Europe are a little lower than in the United States. For example this week I bought a 1996 Jackson DK2 Hot Rod Flames in mint condition for 270 eur and a Jackson JSX-94 Concept Series in very good condition for 175 eur (case included).
                            Don't take this the wrong way! about 90% of us collect guitars and have too many. You really can't be on this site without getting the gas to buy something. when you start putting tape on cases so you know what's in them, it's time for an intervention lol (kidding I do it)
                            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-03-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I bought a 1996 Jackson DK2 Hot Rod Flames
                              The DK2 debuted in 1998 and didn't exist in 1996. You're likely reading the serial number on the neckplate which has serial number format 96xxxxx. That Japanese serial number format was sequential and didn't correspond to the date. To identify the date of the guitar, you would need to detach the neck from the body, and look for date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket. They would look similar to this (my 2009 KE3 body and DK2S neck, with serial number format 98xxxxx, as an example below):

Comment

Working...
                              X