Model 6 switch wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 switch wiring

So the dude I got the guitar from replaced the original bridge pickup switch with a double row three position switch. I am going to order a two way paddle switch from frets on the net but have a question about how to wire the three way correctly as the way he has it all three positions are bridge pickup on. Can anyone shed some light?

this is the switch in question.

Model six should have 3 single spst toggles, one per pickup.

Comment

do you have a model 6? model 5 guitars have a 3 way blade switch, wired so it is bridge, bridge neck, neck

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
        do you have a model 6? model 5 guitars have a 3 way blade switch, wired so it is bridge, bridge neck, neck
        I don't think OP means a "three-way blade switch" when he says "three position", I think he means something like a dpdt w/ center off or something.

OP I don't see a pic in your post though it sounds like you meant to add one.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

I don't think OP means a "three-way blade switch" when he says "three position", I think he means something like a dpdt w/ center off or something.

OP I don't see a pic in your post though it sounds like you meant to add one.
          I read it as replacing the bridge switch with a 3way.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimRiffer View Post
            So the dude I got the guitar from replaced the original bridge pickup switch with a double row three position switch. I am going to order a two way paddle switch from frets on the net but have a question about how to wire the three way correctly as the way he has it all three positions are bridge pickup on. Can anyone shed some light?

this is the switch in question.
            first_toggle.jpg 2nd_and_3rd.jpg
            Attached Files
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yeah, sorry. I was kind of rushing the post as I was working on the guitar. It is a model 6 for sure. The bridge pickup switch must have went bad and the previous owner used whatever was on hand, which was a three way mini toggle vice the stock two way. I got it sorted though. I am fairly well versed on wiring but to be honest the million different wires in the model series sometimes get me all sideways. Found a great schematic online and was able to get her all set. Thanks for the pic John!!!

I will be ordering three new correct paddles switches from FOTN.

Anyone have a good source for the mini pots on the correct values? Those things are tiny! I may order some bigger, robust pots for the mid boost and tone. Seeing as how the volume is PCB mounted to the JE1200 I will have to use the smaller style pots.

Comment

Ok so I posted in the tech section but that place is more of a ghost town then the rest of the forum.

I want to wire my J50bc with the JE1200 and a single offboard volume pot and the mid boost pot. No singles. Just the J50.

How would I go about this? My main question being how would I wire the off board pot to the board? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X