Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS Pro Mod So Cal Pickguard?

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a new Charvel and want an HSS pickup config. If I picked up a Pro Mod So Cal style 1 with HSH is there somewhere I could get a pickguard with HSS without any modification?

Thanks...

Originally posted by Madbugg View Post
    Hello,

I am thinking of buying a new Charvel and want an HSS pickup config. If I picked up a Pro Mod So Cal style 1 with HSH is there somewhere I could get a pickguard with HSS without any modification?

Thanks...
    A lot of places sell them here is one. you might have to trim around the floyd a bit, might not

https://www.guitarfetish.com/Pickguards_c_9.html

https://www.guitarfetish.com/BlackWhiteBlack-HSS-Pickguard-fits-Stratreg_p_114.html
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-20-2021, 07:26 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

the hole patterns on strat pickguards with floyd cutouts (like the ones warmoth sells) should fit. but the shape of the lower horn of the strat guard is pointy whereas for the so-cal it's rounded. that kind of thing bugs me infinitely. I've seen some aftermarket so-cal guards with the correct horn but haven't found one in HSS yet.

the most sure-fire option is to get somebody (like pickguardian; also somebody who is/used to be on here used to make custom guards too, forget his name) to trace/route a custom guard for you. you'd have to take off the guard and send it in. I've had two custom guards made for my usa so-cal this way. EDIT - I've been reading some recent bad experiences with pickguardian around the net so you'd probably want to do some more research. he used to be really great, no idea any more.
      Last edited by metalhobo; 08-21-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I figured I would have to send the pickguard in but was not sure if there was someway I could get away with not having to do that. I don't understand why there is no HSS model in the Pro Mod So Cal series? There is one in the US series...

Comment

Working...
        X