Charvel 5FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 5FX

does anyone know the approximate value and the story behind the Charvel 5FX?

The Model 5FX...
    Under a different model name, the Model 5FX was originally a 1H. But due to a lack of sales, they got the bright idea to rip off another brand by adding a single coil. So they recalled the unsold guitars, added the pickup and renamed it Model 5FX.

There's your story.

As to a value - (and I am not joking when I say this) anywhere from $50 to $5000.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 08-01-2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Awesome. I have a very nice original pearl white 5FX. It does have its share of minor dings, but overall 8 out if 10.
      I'm guessing this one would be a good one to hang onto.

Thanks for the info Pianoguyy!
      Last edited by UpTheIronsJim; 08-01-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Yes, originally called the 5A with one humbucker and one volume. They got sent back to the factory for the slanted single coil and toggle switch. Some got tone controls, some didn't.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A Model 5A or 5FX is high on my short bucket list of guitars.

Comment

The Model 5FX could maybe even be considered the only import made in America --- the modifications of the 5A into the 5FX were done in Ft. Worth.
            Yeah, the infamous Ft. Worth Texas that so many Charvel guitars were "made". But, in this case, it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
              A Model 5A or 5FX is high on my short bucket list of guitars.
              I traded a Black Cherry Model 6 for a Black Cherry Model 5A. Then I eventually sold the 5A. What was I thinking?!?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

I traded a Black Cherry Model 6 for a Black Cherry Model 5A. Then I eventually sold the 5A. What was I thinking?!?

Back 15 years or so ago when this board was real active I passed on a project 5A that didn't need a ton of work that I should have hit the BIN on. It was that day that I made a rule that if I was looking at something and it was a good deal I wouldn't ever flinch again. Haven't came across another good deal since then for one. One of these days I figure I'll find one when I least expect it.
                Last edited by Razor; 08-11-2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I've been downsizing the past couple years, but I jump at the chance when I see a good deal now. Would love to find another 5A eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I've been downsizing the past couple years, but I jump at the chance when I see a good deal now. Would love to find another 5A eventually.
                    +1. Im slowly downsizing too but that doesn't stop the itch

Comment

Tell me about it. Lol

Comment

I have a 5a as well and decided to keep them all

Comment

Working...
                        X