MIJ 2010-2011 Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ 2010-2011 Charvels

are probably my favorites ,t he necks are so consistent, I needed one of each fretboard type
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

very nice. forgot they did that primer gray one. looks killer

Comment

I have all 8 of the wild cards, the 5 Japan built are just as good as the 3 U.S.A built

Comment

That Primer Gray is awesome!!!

Comment

I'm not sure I recognize the white So-Cal... which variant is that one? Looks like a normal Japanese white So-Cal but with a changed pickguard, pickups, and control layout.

I am starting to regret not buying a Wild Card #4 five years ago. https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...ase-yay-or-nay

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
          I have all 8 of the wild cards, the 5 Japan built are just as good as the 3 U.S.A built
          I have never seen a photo of all 8 of them together. Do you have photos?
          Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 06-17-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

here ya go Priest https://imgur.com/a/WR6OWs6
            Last edited by paranoid; 06-17-2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

That is a Very Nice Collection!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  I'm not sure I recognize the white So-Cal... which variant is that one? Looks like a normal Japanese white So-Cal but with a changed pickguard, pickups, and control layout.

I am starting to regret not buying a Wild Card #4 five years ago. https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...ase-yay-or-nay

I have never seen a photo of all 8 of them together. Do you have photos?
                  Correct the White one started as a socal with a black pickguard 2 hum, I put an Adrian Smith Jackson pickguard on it with a push pull pot in the volume
                  JB
                  1/4 pounder
                  1/4 pounder
                  Along with my Les Paul it's my workhorse guitar. since that picture was taken I've also installed the floyd rose trem-endous stabilizer and a D-tuna (we added some drop D tunes to our set)
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Nice, I've got a '10 MIJ Style 1 HH with JB/'59 to cover my Hair Metal needs. It's an essential archetype for any guitar collection. I especially dig your Wildcard! I've missed too many chances to snag one of those.
                    '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                    '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                    '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                    '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                    '90 Charvel 475 XL
                    '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                    Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                    Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                    Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Because you put them "out of order" on your couch, the fun part for me is trying number them in sequence (without cheating). Off the top of my head, I can correctly identify #1, #3, and #4, but unfortunately I didn't pay as close attention to the sequence of the others.

Originally posted by kmanick View Post

Correct the White one started as a socal with a black pickguard 2 hum, I put an Adrian Smith Jackson pickguard on it with a push pull pot in the volume
                      JB
                      1/4 pounder
                      1/4 pounder
                      Along with my Les Paul it's my workhorse guitar. since that picture was taken I've also installed the floyd rose trem-endous stabilizer and a D-tuna (we added some drop D tunes to our set)
                      Nice mods. Far more versatile than the stock Tone Zone & Evolution with single volume!

Comment

#1 transmagenta, #2 fiesta red, #3 Black, #4 dead calm, #5 moltenburst, #6 dreamsicle, #7 primer scream, #8 hot rod.

Comment

I just scored a 2011 San Dimas (with D Tuna), original TSA style Charvel case, in perfect shape AND a 1987 Model 6 with chainsaw case (also in great shape) for $1200.00 total. People are asking crazy money for the Japanese Charvels and I feel like I just hit a gold mine. Both guitars play and sound amazing. The San Dimas does not even have the dirty maple fingerboard like most examples I have seen. It has barely been played. Happy camper over here.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimRiffer View Post
                            2011 San Dimas (with D Tuna), original TSA style Charvel case, in perfect shape AND a 1987 Model 6 with chainsaw case (also in great shape) for $1200.00 total. People are asking crazy money for
                            Considering that is what I recently sold a Model 6 for....

But, ya know what, the free money era of CoVid has ended. People need to pay their rent. Those prices are going to start to come down.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Considering that is what I recently sold a Model 6 for....

But, ya know what, the free money era of CoVid has ended. People need to pay their rent. Those prices are going to start to come down.
                              Exactly. I was in the right place at the right time for this deal.

I would say the Model 6's have been slowly increasing in value over the last several years and now during COVID they have blasted into the atmosphere. Happy to have gotten this deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X