Trying to find some information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find some information

Hey all, I'm looking to find some information on the pickup that originally came in my Charvel. I've only found one other that had the same configuration, but that some time ago on ebay. Enclosed are the actual guitar, and the original pickup. What I'm truly trying to find out is information on the pickup, since there is no identifying numbers. The serial number on the guitar is 368642, and I know that it was made in Japan. But that's the extent of all I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Comment

I don't know if anyone can see the images, or follow the links.

Comment

Originally posted by damienlike View Post
          I don't know if anyone can see the images, or follow the links.
          You are just linking directly to the Imgur website. You need to open the picture(s) you want to share on Imgur and it will generate some links on the right side. You will want to copy and paste the "BBCode (message boards & forums)" link directly in your post and your picture(s) will show up.

Last edited by Razor; 06-08-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Razor His pictures are working. You just have to click on the first link (top line), not the second

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
              Razor His pictures are working. You just have to click on the first link (top line), not the second
              Well hells bells thanks!

Early 90's 275 Deluxe that's been modded for a humbucker.

https://reverb.com/item/40936978-cha...989-1991-black

Comment

Comment

Metalhobo thank you so much for getting the pictures up for me. I tried everything, and ended up getting a headache.

As best as I'm finding, it may be a 90-91 Fusion Deluxe but not quite sure. And the picture of the pickup is the the stock one that came in it. I just switched to a SD Pegasus which is the one seen in the guitar. Just so we are on the same page, I am the only owner.
                  Last edited by damienlike; 06-08-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Charvel Fusion Special modified for a bridge humbucker. And stock, it came with a black single-locking trem. You have locking saddles on that one, and the whole bridge is chrome (all other hardware on the guitar is black), so your bridge is not original (but arguably better).

Comment

Check this link and scroll down to the 275 page. I swear that's had to have been a 275 with the two bridge single coils removed and opened up for a humbucker. I can't remember if Charvel made a 275 with a humbucker at the bridge or not.

https://guitar-compare.com/wp-conten..._Catalog-1.pdf

I swear I think I've seen the OP's guitar listed or posted somewhere else but I can't for the life of me think of when or where I've seen it.

Comment

In that same catalog, scroll down three more pages to see the Fusion Special.

275 = 22 frets, 22-fret Dinky body (short horns), no scallop in the lower horn.

Fusion Special = 24 frets, 24-fret Dinky body (long horns), scallop in the lower horn.

OP's guitar is the latter.

To be certain, OP can measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, multiply that by two, and see if the result is 24.75" (Fusion Special) or 25.5" (275).

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          In that same catalog, scroll down three more pages to see the Fusion Special.

275 = 22 frets, 22-fret Dinky body (short horns), no scallop in the lower horn.

Fusion Special = 24 frets, 24-fret Dinky body (long horns), scallop in the lower horn.

OP's guitar is the latter.

To be certain, OP can measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, multiply that by two, and see if the result is 24.75" (Fusion Special) or 25.5" (275).
                          Well I'll be damned again. Twice in one thread. Thanks for pointing it out NOTP!

I'm in full blown Helen Keller mode today...

Comment

I have had one for years. Mine is a hybrid Jackson body/Charvel neck. My neck is from a Fusion Special. It is written or stamped Fusion Sp on the heel. It had a red body with the 3 single coils (two were angled together). I filled the angled single holes and was going to router it for an angled humbucker. Instead ,I found a red Jackson Fusion body with an angled humbucker. I believe it is labeled Fusion (maybe deluxe) in the neck pocket. So I sold the Charvel body and replaced it with the Jackson. I modified the terrible Charvel trem to accent locking fine tuners from a Jackson JT. It is an easy to play, dependable guitar. Often my 3rd I take to shows. It has my oldest pickup in the bridge: SH-8 Invader from 1988.
                            CharvelFusionSp by catzodellamarina, on Flickr
                            Last edited by catzodellamarina; 06-09-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Sorry to be so late getting back to everybody, I had to work all weekend. Anyway, the measurement from the 12th fret to the nut is 12 12/32. When multiplied and brought to a whole number it comes out to 24.8, that's assuming that I measured correctly. Once again I am the only owner, and the only mod that was been done was changing from the bladed pickup that's shown, to the Seymour Duncan that is pictured in it. That mod was made just a few days ago. The pocket for the humbucker was unmodified per the original paint that was still present. Since we look like we are sure about it being a Fusion Special, can anybody identify the original pickup? There are absolutely no identifying marks on it any where.

Comment

Working...
                              X