Question for DK24 HSH Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for DK24 HSH Owners

I've had my Pro-Mod DK24 HSH in Orange Crush for about 6 months now. The other day I went to pop off the volume know to re-align it to be level when set to 10 (OCD to the max), when I realized that it's a pull tap potentiometer on the volume. There's no mention of this model having a pull volume coil tap on any product documentation, and in fact, coil split is achieved with the 5 selector switch in positions 2 and 4. Why would there be 2 coil tap methods?

So, I'm curious to know if this is a feature that is not documented anywhere, or if mine is a "mistake" from the factory. Can any other owners of this model confirm?

Obligatory pic:

Last edited by dangeroso; 02-04-2021, 11:49 AM.

Originally posted by dangeroso View Post
    the volume know to re-align it to be level when set to 10 (OCD to the max)
    I do the same - numbered dials and the one screw dials. I line them up.

Comment

Are you the first owner of the guitar? Maybe previous owner added it. Have you checked what the pot actually does? The 2 and 4 positions on that guitar should be 1 coil from the humbucker and the middle single coil so if you get only 1 coil from the humbucker then that would be another sound achieved with the pull pot.

Comment

also if you post detailed pics of the wiring we can trace it...

if you think setting the numbered knobs to a standard orientation is OCD... that's nothing. on my guitars with dome knobs + split shaft pots, I do the following: 1. orient the pots so the split of the shaft points down when wide open, 2. tighten the grub screw on the knob so that it's in line with the split (i.e. the screw goes "between" the half shafts). then the screw hole also points down when the controls are wide open.

Comment

It does coil tap in positions 1, 3, 5. Obviously no change in 2 and 4. I bought it used with one owner, but no disclosure of any changes made.

Comment

Well, disregard. I pulled the back plate and it's clearly been modded. Not a factory solder job.

Comment

Working...
            X