NGD - 2015 Metallic Black Pro Mod So-Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - 2015 Metallic Black Pro Mod So-Cal

I picked this So-Cal up locally a couple of days ago. It was on Facebook marketplace and was fairly local to me.

I couldn't resist this one because I thought the price was excellent and it was close so no shipping. The pick guard and pickups have been replaced. The seller stated the bridge pick up is a TB5 Custom and a '59 in the neck. I haven't pulled the cover yet to see as the setup on this guitar is insanely good and the strings on it are new so it will be a while before I do. It came with the hard case and the original pick guard but the pick guard has seen better days. It has a couple of dings but nothing terrible so I figured for $450.00 I could not go wrong.

Initial thoughts are that I dig the tone of the TB5. Not quite as bright as the JB to my ears but I really like the growl as I'm a rhythm player. I also like the volume control being a bit lower and out of the way on the So-Cal. It's a 2015 like my other Metallic Black San Dimas. The serial number for the So-Cal is MC1514xx and is within a couple of hundred of my San Dimas.

I initially bought it with the intentions of flipping it like I did with the Model 4 a couple of months ago. It appears this one is going to be a keeper like the Model 4 is too.

Last edited by Razor; 10-22-2020, 03:42 PM.

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    I really like the growl
    That's all that needs to be said...

Comment

Working...
    X