Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

caramelized maple fret sprout? Charvel DK24 question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caramelized maple fret sprout? Charvel DK24 question...

So I've got one of the Charvel DK24 HH HT's( https://reverb.com/item/35775411-cha...figured-walnut) headed my way and I'm stupid excited to get it in my hands. My only thing is I'm not a huge fan of maple boards . Why did I buy it then? It spoke to me, plus the top is gorgeous . I've seen the caramelized/roasted Charvel pro-mod necks come up for sale here and there and I think swapping the regular maple for the roasted maple would complete the aesthetic.

I've heard a lot of amazing things about the new Mexican Charvel Necks, especially the roasted ones. I have also heard though that some have had fret sprouting issues. Can anyone chime in on that? I can't imagine that its a constant problem with the new Pro-mods, as I've really only heard about the issue maybe three times.
    Guitars:
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
    Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
    Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
    Modded Jet City 100HDM
    custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

WIth the new Pro mods meaning they were produced this year depending on the humidity where you live you will find out in 1/2 to 1 year if it will produce fret sprout. You would think if the fingerboard was caramelised or roasted then it would be more stable and dry and it wouldnt produce fret sprout.

If you live in dry conditions and dont keep the guitar in a humidified space you will get the sprout sooner if at all.

Comment

I wouldn't think that fret sprout would be an issue, but apparently people have lemons.

Any thoughts as to whether the necks between the 2 point trem and the hardtail versions are interchangeable? My last charvel was japanese and I know those necks are interchangable lol
      Guitars:
      Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
      Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
      Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
      Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
      Modded Jet City 100HDM
      custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Working...
      X