Considering a resto-mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a resto-mod

I’m considering doing a resto-mod (to sell) on an old Charvel I picked up at a pawn shop in the early 90s. I just can’t seem to identify it to help decide whether the foundation is worth the time and expense. It’s an HSS. It’s white/white. The logo on the headstock says only “Charvel.” The back plate says, “Charvel by Jackson,” with serial number 001508. It uses Gotoh tuners with the Charvel logo on each. I pulled out the pickups to see whether they had a logo and there’s nothing identifying on them. I’m guessing it was made before ‘87 in either Japan or South Korea. I’d really appreciate any help. Thank you.

A picture or a little more description would help. you haven't given us much to go by. If white/white means it is white body with white pick guard it may not be original.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyman4394 View Post
      whether the foundation is worth the time and expense.
      if you are planning on selling it, you will never get enough money to justify the time or money spent on it.
      if you are keeping it, feel free to spend as much time and month as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyman4394 View Post
        I’m guessing it was made before ‘87 in either Japan or South Korea.
        unless it is a US build....
        if it was made before 1987, you really don't have that many options.

Comment

I can’t seem to attach pictures.

Comment

Charvel CX290. Made in Japan in 1992, the only year they were offered from what I understand. Note the tip of your headstock has a bit of a "ghost" area remaining where the CX290 label would have been, suggesting that someone who owned the guitar before you likely sanded it off. Likely your pickups are not original.

Looks to be in overall non-abused shape and very serviceable. I bet if you cleaned it up and set it up, it would be a great player as-is.

Comment

Amazing. Thanks much. Time to do some research.

Comment

Working...
              X