New Charvel MJ Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel MJ Series?

I saw these on Reverb. Made in Japan and pricey for an import. Does anyone know anything about these>
    Last edited by Predator1; 12-20-2019, 02:22 PM.

Yup, there's an ongoing discussion, though I imagine it might be overlooked because it's in the NAMM forum.

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...7815-namm-2020

It's nice to see a return to Japanese production, though these are almost certainly not made by Chushin Gakki. If anyone discovers what factory is making these Japanese Charvels, let us know. It's very likely the factory name starts with D, just by analyzing the JDC serial number format. (Read the above link for my reasoning why.)

Comment

I would think its the same factory that makes the japanese fenders. Also the prices of the japanese charvels are pretty high near 2000 euros for what i have seen.

Were they supposed to release them at Namm or are they Japan market only or what still too many questions regarding these.

Comment

Intuitively that makes sense, that Fender would choose a Japanese factory with whom they already have a relationship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Japan

The above Wikipedia article lists Dyna Gakki as a Japanese factory that has made Fender guitars in Japan. My wild guess is that the letter D in the JDC serial number format could be Dyna Gakki, but I'll wait for more clues or confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
          I would think its the same factory that makes the japanese fenders. .
          is what i would think as well

Were they supposed to release them at Namm or are they Japan market only or what still too many questions regarding these.
          don't know
          the other discussion was posted under NAMM, I guess because a "new product" usually gets released there. And since these aren't for sale in the US yet....
          But my first post on that topic was - "can we buy ebony from Japan", which implies that I would think these are "overseas only".

We'll know when we know.

Comment

I dont think ebony was ever on the Cites list however rosewood was. But apparently rosewood is good again for musical instruments:
            https://www.gearnews.com/cites-rules...ate-announced/

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              Yup, there's an ongoing discussion, though I imagine it might be overlooked because it's in the NAMM forum.

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...7815-namm-2020

It's nice to see a return to Japanese production, though these are almost certainly not made by Chushin Gakki. If anyone discovers what factory is making these Japanese Charvels, let us know. It's very likely the factory name starts with D, just by analyzing the JDC serial number format. (Read the above link for my reasoning why.)
              Actually, they are DEFINITELY not made by Chushin, because it doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Something we may want to factor in about Japan guitars is after Truman bombed the be-jesus out of H&N, as part of reparations for the dirty deed, Japan was given first picks of the best woods on the planet. That and their work ethic and zeal to put a best foot forward, they built good guitars even if just the economy models.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonJack View Post
                  as part of reparations for the dirty deed, Japan was given first picks of the best woods on the planet.
                  let me guess, you "read it on the internet." newsflash, victors don't pay reparations.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

let me guess, you "read it on the internet." newsflash, victors don't pay reparations.
                    Oh I see and you're an expert because?

Comment

I dont think ebony was ever on the Cites list however rosewood was. But apparently rosewood is good again for musical instruments:
                      https://www.gearnews.com/cites-rules...ate-announced/

The gimmick behind CITES is wood mostly used for gun stock and grips. Even includes ivory, again for gun handles but they put that under the U.S. Fish and Wildlife jurisdiction. It's a ruse to be able to go into your home and confiscate anything made of "banned" woods as another angle for gun control/confiscation. CITES is also to keep industry on a global footing meaning, wherever the wood is grown, you must start a factory in the area the wood comes from and hire people that live there. That's what Gibson was told in that wood fiasco, to move to Madagascar if they wanted to make guitars that have certain woods. Taylor guitars started a tree farm in Madagascar for this very reason Just saying...

Comment

go post your silly little pictures on facebook where that sort of teenage girl behavior belongs

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X