Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burgundy mist paint?

hello...
    kinda new here...i have what i believe to be a 1987 or 88 model 2 ( ft worth bolt plate/pointyhead with the R instead of the tm on the logo) it was originally burgundy mist when i got it...this was in 90 or 91 i think(i was stoned a lot then,ive since given up the herb) so i really didnt know what i had...
    it went thru several color changes ,after i scratched the hell out of the poor thing..it was finally repainted by me three years ago,it now sports a metalic orange color,which i like.. ..but
    im thinking of buying another one....maybe with a different pickup config, and id like to do it in burgundy mist,which IS a nice color,for my wife...anyone know who made the paint?
    or even if its still made? i have professional spray equipment and tools n such,id rather not have it custom blended at some laquer shop...any info would be awesome,thanks in advance

no idea what who the original paint manufacturer is, but I will say that the guitar re-ranch burgundy mist metallic you can buy currently is not quite the same as you see on those 80s charvels. it seems quite a bit darker to me. still a nice color, but just not quite the same. if you're looking for an exact replica of the original color you had, getting it custom mixed might not be a bad idea.

Comment

Not to nitpick, but I don't seem to recall ever seeing a stock Model 2 that was originally finished in burgundy mist. Only the Model 3 thru 6 came with that color, if memory and Google Images both serve me correctly. Don't get me wrong though, a burgundy mist Model 2 would look great and I would love to see your final product!

Comment

Burgandy mist model 2 are out there, just don't see them that often. Here's one that was on Ebay about 5 years ago.

Comment

thats exactly how she looked when i first got her....

Comment

Wow, I stand corrected. Thanks! That is badass!

Comment

Working...
            X