Another ID thread w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ID thread w/pics

Just acquired this Charvel in a trade. First Charvel I have owned. Can anyone help me in identifying this? Pics in link below

I know the knobs are not original

Thanks!!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HjtfHLSTJwejxKHu9

It's a newer one, Desolation series I think.

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
      It's a newer one, Desolation series I think.
      Would this be considered a DC-1?

Comment

DC-1 ST specifically.

Its sibling, the DC-1 FR, had a Floyd Rose (FR).

Comment

DC2 had the Charvel pickups
          DC3 was a bolt on

Comment

Thanks! Any way to date it?

Comment

i have seen people claim that the serials were date coded. this is something i cannot confirm.
              it is possible that it is only certain models, such as the old Model series where the neck thru models were date coded but the bolt ons were not.

however, the desolation series were only made for a few years before they were thrown in the trash where they belong... err... umm... i meant before they were retired

Comment

They were offered in the early 2010s. Given your serial number starts with CJC11, I'm going to assume these serials were date-coded and that it was made in 2011.

The really non-intuitive serial numbers in the Jackson/Charvel family belong to the 97xxxxx, 98xxxxx, and 99xxxxx serial numbers for Japanese Jacksons released in the 2000s. Those serial numbers don't correspond to dates, but it's easy to mistake why they might mean 1997, 1998, and 1999.

Comment

Working...
                X