No announcement yet.

Bought a Charvel 750XL need some help with parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a perfectly good guitar (and in the case of a 750, a highly desirable Charvel) just because you don't like the current pickups is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater, especially when changing pickups is straightforward.

I'm glad you came to your senses, kept the guitar, and swapped the pickups for something you're now enjoying! Looks great with the zebra bobbins.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      Selling a perfectly good guitar (and in the case of a 750, a highly desirable Charvel) just because you don't like the current pickups is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater, especially when changing pickups is straightforward.

I'm glad you came to your senses, kept the guitar, and swapped the pickups for something you're now enjoying! Looks great with the zebra bobbins.
      Well to be fair when I received the guitar it wasn't working, checked thew wiring and it was all screwed up. SO i stripped all the electronics out of the guitar and replaced them with the EMG wiring kit and an EMG 3way blade switch (cost me $80). Then reinstalled the EMG's and I was not at all liking the sound, so since the guitar was now wired for EMG active pups and I didn't want to have to redo the wiring for a passive set of Duncans... Plus I was kind of put off that I was into the guitar for $1100 (guitar was 900, shipping was 75, wiring kit was 80, correct surrounds were 40). I thought I was buying a player not a project, I would've returned the guitar but their are no others for sale...

Comment

Understood. I've known the feeling of "sunk costs" before. It makes you want to cut your losses and not throw further good money after bad.

Nice clean wiring job in the cavity. Love the eBay store name, "dont_tell_the_wife_guitars"

Comment

I'm very happy with the guitar now, just need to replace the nut and find a rear cover

Comment

Very nice! I really need to find one of these.
            Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
              Very nice! I really need to find one of these.
              You could have bought this one, he did actually sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post

You could have bought this one, he did actually sell it.
                I think I missed the boat on it. I never saw it for sale.
                Heath

Comment

Working...
                X