Swap advice: Pro-Mod Style 2 vs Desolation Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap advice: Pro-Mod Style 2 vs Desolation Soloist

I've got the chance to trade my Pro-Mod Style 2 hardtail for a Desolation Soloist DX-1FR.

I know that ultimately it comes down to how do they feel in my hands, but it's quite a long way to travel so I'm just seeing what people think before I agree to anything... any thoughts, people?

I myself would not trade. I never liked the desolation guitars at all, and was very disappointed that charvel would put there name on them.

Comment

I try to be an advocate for what you're describing, which is an unbiased evaluation of each guitar based on its individual merits. So, I hate to be a "country of manufacturing snob" but I would stick with the Mexican-made guitar almost every day of the week instead of trading for the Chinese-made guitar.

If you entertained the trade, you're getting the shorter end of the stick, plus you make it sound like YOU have to travel to THE SELLER. Nope, I am not going anywhere to downgrade my guitar. I'd maybe travel if it was an upgrade.

Comment

I've decided not to go for the trade, for the reasons paranoid and Number Of The Priest have mentioned above... as Rsmacker pointed out when I texted him about it, it's not as if I'm unhappy with my Pro-Mod. Just a bit of 'Ooh, shiny!' GAS going on there, I think!

Comment

Working...
        X