Another Model series ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Model series ID

So this is listed as a model 3dr (which its not). It looks like a straight up model 3. But I cant see that the model 3 ever came in the fire crackle finish. And this doesn't look like the normal fire crackle finish either. The neck plate and headstock appear to be correct to the model series. Is this a parts guitar?

Maybe a charvette body with a model series neck on it?

Comment

is that a shadow or is the back of the body recessed by the neck like a dinky??
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

The neck is definitely a 1987-88 Model 4 neck; that's the only bolt-neck Model Series guitar that had pearl sharkfins.

Body is inconclusive until phragle's question is answered. Though, from the front, it resembles a Model 3 due to the HSS pickups with 1 volume and 1 tone control (the Model 4 had more complex controls).

Comment

Originally posted by phragle View Post
          is that a shadow or is the back of the body recessed by the neck like a dinky??
          I see what you're talking about and I cant give a 100% yes or no. I'm just going by pictures as well. A close up looks as though it might be recessed.

Comment

Last edited by Jr_vw2; 01-24-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I think it might be a charvette body but most of the ones I've seen like this have a recess for the tremolo

Comment

That body screams charvette 250.

Comment

I'm not sure if they recessed the heel on the back of the body before 89, meaning that neck is not the original to that body.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    The neck is definitely a 1987-88 Model 4 neck; that's the only bolt-neck Model Series guitar that had pearl sharkfins.

Body is inconclusive until phragle's question is answered. Though, from the front, it resembles a Model 3 due to the HSS pickups with 1 volume and 1 tone control (the Model 4 had more complex controls).
                    My '87 Model 4 came with standard screw heads on the locking nut screws. I suppose they could have been changed to hex head screws.
                    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                      My '87 Model 4 came with standard screw heads on the locking nut screws. I suppose they could have been changed to hex head screws.
                      Typically the Allen head nuts came with the kahler bridge and the slot head screws came with the jt6.

Comment

Could be a late 89/early 90 end of run or some limited dealer order. Could be a Charvette body. I dunno.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                        X