DST-3 rebuild results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DST-3 rebuild results

Redid the electronics with a switchcraft jack, 500k cts pot, and good wire, shield painted the cavity, switched the pickup for a j90c and added a big brass block.

Played thru the little lead 12 and the JVM, it now has a nice warm good old 80's sound, The block helped quite a bit too. It got that just sounds good put a smile on your face kind of tone.

The interesting thing is I was playing it back to back switching between my 1C which also has a j90c.. They sound very similiar but there is a very distinct difference. The 1C seems to have a little thicker, warmer tone while the DST is a little brighter, but a hair thinner. Its almost as if the 1C is the rhythm version and the star is the lead version.

Overall Im pretty happy with how it came out. Once the floyd key shows up and I get the intonation dialed (I got it pretty close as it is) I will see if the iphone will make a decent sound comparison recording.
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....
Working...
X