The Charvel DK24 Okoume body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Charvel DK24 Okoume body

Any experience with this one? I like the looks and interested in the soundand playing. How do you consider the quality of the DK24s, anybody unhappy? Anybody feeling blessed by them? Thank you

As far as the okum goes, Ive heard it has tonal qualities like mahogany, but weighs much less. Ive heard nothing specific to the newer charvels though.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      As far as the okum goes, Ive heard it has tonal qualities like mahogany, but weighs much less. Ive heard nothing specific to the newer charvels though.
      Interestingly, I also hear that its grain looks like Mahogany, but tonewise it is close to Maple.

Comment

Just got this one. I'm one of those that don't believe that wood makes much of a difference in tone in an electric guitar but this Okoume is light and sure is pretty to look at but be warned its very soft and scratches easily (e.g. just your fingernail will leave a dent.). You'd think Charvel would seal it with something that toughens it up a bit. Perhaps this wood is better suited for a clear coat type of finish rather than satin.

Comment

Working...
        X