Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was given advise to use these

Hello all,
    Another member on here suggested changing the Saddles to get rid of the annoying Screws that stick you in the hand when palm muting.
    So after fixing the issue another unexpected thing happened. It plays and sounds better then stock. WOW I can't believe just changing the saddles can enhance your tone and response. Its amazing how this guitar responds now.
    How I realized this is by changing strings when I put the saddles on and used a pair of strings I've used before and wasn't blown away by them. Now they are my favorite strings to date. The clarity of each note is open and all my itself in it's own world. Amazing or magical if you will.
    Since I purchased this guitar a few years ago, I have really liked playing it to the point I don't play my Jackson SL3 anymore. I pick it up once in a while just to give it a go but Honestly I much prefer to play my 2013 HS HT.
    I changed the Neck pickup to the Lil59 and now it seems even better. I feel like a fool saying all this with just changing saddles which to me shouldn't have done much at all, they just angle the strings and provide the correct height but man the guitar is just worlds better to me.
    I have been kicking around the idea of putting a Black Winter in the bridge position but honestly the JB Zebra is sounding amazing. It's been tweaked with Pole height and overall height to get the best response which does wonders from the way it comes factory by the way.
    I also changed out the factory Charvel Toggle for a Switchcraft which I find to be a better quality. I like the Diamond head on the factory one but this one seems much better built. not to mention the Factory one failed.
    The Saddles are Installed in the Picture and the factory ones are in the Pakedge.

Good to know. I'll have to keep those in mind.

Comment

The Graph Tech String Saver Saddles are indeed excellent. I've got them on two 7-strings. I just bought another set for my new G&L Legacy and will be putting them on soon. They change the note frequency a little bit so things aren't as bright and harsh, plus they help strings from breaking prematurely.
      You were given some great advice.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think DA MAN !!! gave me this advise. I love this guitar so much more now. I suggest ALL hard tail owners buy these. They are totally worth their retail price and then some. NOTHING is better then a good feeling guitar well except maybe a good feeling women LOL.

Comment

I had Carvin put them on my 7-string hardtail back in 2011 when I ordered it, then put another set on my LTD 7 hardtail when one of the cheap stock saddles stripped out.
          My G&L has a nice trem on it with chrome-plated brass block and chrome-plated brass saddles, but I think the String Savers will keep it in tune a little better, plus I'm wanting to tame the high end of the single coils a little bit.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Glad the new graphite saddles worked out for you too.

I think you'll also feel that the graphite saddles have a cool smooth kinda feeling under your hand when palm muting.

If you ever have any issues with the nut, they make matching graphite ones that will even help tame any brightness too.

Rock On!

Comment

Big fan of the Graphtech saddles and nuts. Got them on two of my own strats and have installed them on guitars for other people as well. Well worth the money.
              A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
              X