Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distortion set HH , are they the perfect combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion set HH , are they the perfect combo?

Hello all,
    I'm starting to think they are. I went to see Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy the other night and was inspired to write something softer then my usual Metal licks.
    I was working on my friends Strat as it needed a full setup. I came up with this cool lick and really liked how it sounded on his strat which by the way is where I wrote it.
    Then I switched over to my 2016 So Cal in the neck position and played clean full Humbucker and switching time to time Split coil to get that Strat sound.
    Man does the Distortion neck Humbucker sound fantastic. Mind you I have not touched the Pole adjustments or even height as it's factory setup as since I got the So Cal I haven't messed around with it yet to unlock more out of it as I do with all my other guitars.
    I'm a huge fan of the JB and 59 combo as I feel you can do anything you want with them. My 2016 Hard Tail San Dimas has them and that guitar is beautiful in all meaning of the word.Now that I have a set of Distortions in a Guitar I'm starting to lean towards these. Even with their ever so slightly higher output, I feel they both play beautiful cleans.

If there ever was a guitar company that built guitars for me personally custom wise, Charvel really knocked it out of the park. I can't ask for anything better then these new Pro Mod models.

My 2013 San Dimas Pro Mod Hard tail currently has a Lil59 in the neck and a Zebra JB in the bridge. My plan is to replace the JB with a Black Winter. I listened to every single clip I could find on it after searching for a replacement pickup and it seems like the right move. I can't wait to compare it to the Distortion.
    The Clips of the Distortion on SD website vs the Black Winter is an interesting compare. Both are amazing.

Couldn't agree more about the distortion neck. It is my favourite neck pickup of all times. On the other hand I wholeheartedly dislike the bridge it sound so "wrong" to my ears, way too much output and compression. But the neck.... it just sings both in clean and distorted situations.
    http://lostinhatred.tk

Comment

I feel the Bridge position has a badass BITE to it. It's snarles for a lack of a better word. The JB Barks at you with serious anger but the Distortion Growls like it's going to bit you in the face.

Comment

love the distortion set, especially the neck pup. I haven't had issues with the bridge output, although I do have my pickups set quite low.

Comment

Hah, I just received my MIM SoCal yesterday. Was going to change the pups to Custom/Jazz, but fell for the Distortions! in just a couple of hours. I like 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuithari View Post
            Hah, I just received my MIM SoCal yesterday. Was going to change the pups to Custom/Jazz, but fell for the Distortions! in just a couple of hours. I like 'em!
            The Custom and Jazz are very nice pickups and create a nice set, just not in the So Cal, it's a Metal Machine and the Distortions work perfectly IMO in that guitar.
            I was thinking as you with mine when I took it home and played it for awhile , I can't think of a better pickup set to have in this amazing guitar. I totally love mine.

Comment

And further more I don't think they are I know they are a perfect Pickup combo period. Fantastic to say the least

Comment

Working...
              X