Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Manual & wiring scheme for Charvel model 6

Hello toeverybody!
    I’ve justbought a guitar in the used market here in Italy: a model 6 Charvel!
    I need auser manual if it exists, and a wiring scheme for putting the guitar in theoriginal state.
    In fact,after the dealing, I open up the guitar and I’ve found that all the active partof the electronics was removed, so no battery, no effect in the boost pot, etc…etc…
    It seems tome that all the part inside should be original, but I am not sure of that.
    In youropinion, it does make sense to change the electronics in order to come back tooriginal setup (active) or it is better stay like this?
    Otherquestion: if I will be in the position to get the original set up (active),should the guitar play if the battery inside is completely discharge?
    Thanks inadvance for your help!
    Bye
    Mike from Italy

Originally posted by mpetri View Post
    Hello toeverybody!
    I’ve justbought a guitar in the used market here in Italy: a model 6 Charvel!
    I need auser manual if it exists, and a wiring scheme for putting the guitar in theoriginal state.
    In fact,after the dealing, I open up the guitar and I’ve found that all the active partof the electronics was removed, so no battery, no effect in the boost pot, etc…etc…
    It seems tome that all the part inside should be original, but I am not sure of that.
    In youropinion, it does make sense to change the electronics in order to come back tooriginal setup (active) or it is better stay like this?
    Otherquestion: if I will be in the position to get the original set up (active),should the guitar play if the battery inside is completely discharge?
    Thanks inadvance for your help!
    Bye
    Mike from Italy

Ciao Mike, trovo un connazionale appassionato di Charvel, bene!

It really comes down to your preference: the value of the guitar is not so high that it would actually chang in a relevant way if it was perfectly stock.
    Anyway, for example, I hate the active electronics so I usually remove it, but I keep all the parts to put the guitar back to stock whenever I want.

I would not take the time and effort needed to put the guitar back to stock, unless you are a collector.
    Creating a Guitar Telegram Group (in English) Guitar Telegram Group

Comment

With the mid boost it will not play if the battery is dead. I have many guitars with the mid boost and some with out. to me it depends, some guitars sound good with it some not so. I am really not sure why they vary but they do. I have 5 475 models with the mid boost and they all sound different.

Comment

Hey, here's the wiring scheme.

This is 3 singles, but it's basically the same.

Comment

Working...
        X