Help Me Identify My Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Identify My Charvel

I Picked up this Charvel and another earlier this week at a Guitar Center. They were just putting them out on the used wall for 149.00 each and I grabbed them before they had time to rest. The first was a Star but I didn't recognize this model, but I figured I can't go wrong for 149.00. I have been spending the week trying to Identify it to no avail. It is obviously in Import, but that's all I can tell you. It has the Fort Worth neck plate and a 6 digit serial number. It's an sss Strathead that looks to be factory relic'd. The neck pocket is stamped with C-8, which doesn't correspond to any model I can find. Vintage trem, Jackson tuners and Jackson pups. She's a beauty to play with the Charvel skinny neck and jumbo frets, but I'd like to know when she was born. Hope you guys can help.

http://s649.photobucket.com/user/pat...deshow/charvel

Early 90's Japanese market Charvel. That's why you won't see it in most catalogs.
    These were never available in the U.S. due to the strat headstock.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Early 90's Japanese market Charvel. That's why you won't see it in most catalogs.
      These were never available in the U.S. due to the strat headstock.
      Sorry, I meant to post under the "Import Charvel" section. Maybe a moderator can move it for me. Thanks for the input rjohnstone. This seems to consistent with other opinions. I just wonder how a guitar like this makrs it's way to the middle of Wisconsin. I guess it will remain a mystery. I had it up for sale on Reverb to see what I could get for it. No real biters. I do enjoy playing it but find the pups not to my taste. I didn't want to mod it because I thought it was pretty unique, but I have since ordered new pots and a 5 way, a brass nut and a set of Seymour Duncan YJM fury's for it. I will keep all the wiring and pips intact for originality if I ever decide to part with it, but I gotta say, after spending some time with it again this morning, I love playing it. Great Forum.

Comment

It is a cool guitar.
        Foreign market J/C guitars find their way to the U.S. from time to time.
        It's not illegal to import them as a private sale, so Customs doesn't really pay attention to them.
        -Rick

Comment

Cool guitar. Is it me or do they almost-but-not-quite commit to the full Fender headstock? It looks like the "ball" is shaved a bit relative to a Fender and the angle where it pushes out isn't quite as acute.

Could be my imagination.

Comment

It has more of the MIJ Squire profile than the standard USA strat head profile.
            I had a Japanese Squire that has a very similar headstock profile.
            -Rick

Comment

score
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                Cool guitar. Is it me or do they almost-but-not-quite commit to the full Fender headstock? It looks like the "ball" is shaved a bit relative to a Fender and the angle where it pushes out isn't quite as acute.

Could be my imagination.
                Definitely smaller than a normal Fender headstock. I have always liked the look of a Charvel logo on a Fender style headstock, Thanks to Jake E. Lee..

Comment

Working...
                X