Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel model 3 : which floyd rose upgrades are available from JT-6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model 3 : which floyd rose upgrades are available from JT-6?

Hi guy's, looking at a model 3 in a store near me and I love it! $399, but it has the JT6 bridge..theres another for the same price that is the 86 model out of state online with kahler trem..

Is the kahler much better? this guitar is out of state so I can't try it first. It has a scratchplate where as the one here doesn't..same white finish

If I buy the one i've tried, will a real floyd fit exactly or not quite? will a special fit? what options do I have.

Also, are the pickups any good?

thanks in advance!

Michael

I've had no issues with the JT-6 on my Model 6 until the original pop in bar broke after 27yrs. Replaced with a Schaler style and away I went. I've no experience with the Kahler.

An original Floyd will fit, needs a 42mm block. If you use the JT-6 anchors/pivots you won't be able to bottom all the way out on dive bombs. The Floyd anchor/pivots will need some work to put them in.

If you love the one with the JT-6.... buy it!

Looks like the tremelo project page is down. There was a ton of good info there.
    Last edited by artonsafari; 02-02-2016, 02:47 PM.
    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

the Kahler and floyd do not interchange. The jt-6 and floyd do. the jt-6 in my opinion are much better then the standard kahler that came on the model 3a. but is it the standard kahler?

Comment

Thanks guys! I've decided to get the one I tried! I may block the trem..

Comment

Working...
        X