Need Advice: Charvel Model 4 Limited edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: Charvel Model 4 Limited edition

Could pls express your opinion if it is worth to take one more charvel.

I can have charvel model 4 limited edition 1986 (black neck) in moderate condition for 450usd only. Thinking yes or no....
    Is it worth to take that one, for the playing reasons?
    Are those limited edition 1986 MIJ guitars better sound then usual 1986? (have a feedback about mod 3 LE, that it is not actually japanese ash, but usual basswood)
    thnx.

p.s. obviously not for that price.
    http://alienxnation.com/guitar/1986-...dition-jackson

I don't think the black paint on the neck will make it sound any better. the model 4 guitars are nice but I greatly prefer the neck on the 88' model 4's to the 86'. if you use the wammy a lot you would also prefer 87' up. $450 is probably all it would be worth to me if it was really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      I don't think the black paint on the neck will make it sound any better. the model 4 guitars are nice but I greatly prefer the neck on the 88' model 4's to the 86'. if you use the wammy a lot you would also prefer 87' up. $450 is probably all it would be worth to me if it was really nice.
      surely the color of the neck is not much important. It was also mentioned on charvelusa that those limited edition guitars are made not of basswood but from japanese ash, that would be the only advantagel. But as I mentioned before I've heard a feedback that it's not the ash but basswood.
      Thnx for the answear.
      if someone has more info, please share it.

Comment

Given the seller, it is worth half as much to the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          Given the seller, it is worth half as much to the rest of the world.
          I dont' understand that phrase. really, maybe some words are missing in the sentence.
          you mean that charvel model 4 LE from 1986 is worth half (225usd) to the rest of the world, is that right???

Comment

Where do you live? $450 for that Model 4 is a fair price if you like or collect MIJ Charvels. Those are relatively uncommon.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What I meant is:
              If AlienXnation is selling it for $999, to the rest of the world it is only worth half of that.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                What I meant is:
                If AlienXnation is selling it for $999, to the rest of the world it is only worth half of that.
                For how uncommon that variant is, if you're collecting MIJ Charvels, $450 for a minty one would be a great deal. If I remember correctly AlienXnation originally had that priced closer to $2k. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  For how uncommon that variant is, if you're collecting MIJ Charvels, $450 for a minty one would be a great deal. If I remember correctly AlienXnation originally had that priced closer to $2k. LOL
                  Thank you Paianoguy and thanks to Xenophobe.I live far behind the ocean compared to the most of jcf members, so the shipping price influences the deal a lot. Alienxnation has a good price (good for them) but the do a lot of work, with all due respect, their posts are constantly renewed on ebay, good and detailed pictures, so the money is for the service. Plus they have the things that no-one can offer. You want it, you pay for it.
                  thnx, again. when I have charvel mod4 LE I will leave some feedback
                  Last edited by ykrop4ik; 01-14-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I don't know about Jap ash, but the basswood model series guitars I've played all sounded fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by ykrop4ik View Post
                      Thank you Paianoguy and thanks to Xenophobe.I live far behind the ocean compared to the most of jcf members, so the shipping price influences the deal a lot. Alienxnation has a good price (good for them) but the do a lot of work, with all due respect, their posts are constantly renewed on ebay, good and detailed pictures, so the money is for the service. Plus they have the things that no-one can offer. You want it, you pay for it.
                      thnx, again. when I have charvel mod4 LE I will leave some feedback
                      Don't pay Alienxnation. He bought that guitar off ebay for probably 1/3 of the price he's selling it for.

Comment

Working...
                      X