X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New neck on Model series body?

Wondering if a newer neck like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Charvel...gAAOSw8-tWXgcy

will bolt correctly to a MIJ model series body?

Specifically I'm trying to put a neck with a Model 1C body.. Seems like neck angle and pocket are sometimes completely compatible, and at some point the necks and neck pocket changed - maybe for the standard tremolo guitars only?

Meaning a guitar like this:

http://www.elderly.com/charvel-stand...st-century.htm

has the wrong neck angle/pocket to work interchangeably with Model series guitars.

Can anyone confirm or deny that these work together?

Thanks.

-Bill

New neck on Model series body?

Has anyone had any luck mating a new Charvel neck with a Model series body?

For example, the non locknut necks on Ebay put up by stratosphere - will these bolt to a Model 1A/1C body?

Seems somewhere around 10 years ago the neck angle changed or something. Can anyone confirm or deny that they work together?

Comment

I do not know what neck(s) your are looking at on ebay, but the model series guitars with bolt on necks with the exception of the fusion( and maybe some I do not know about)are 25.5 scale 22 fret 2.25 heel. the angle of the necks were set buy the angle of the body neck route not the neck. If the angle is not what you desire they are easily shimmed.

Comment

They will bolt up perfect. I did it the opposite, and have a Model series neck on an American So-Cal. Paranoid is correct. The bodies / shims will dictate the angle.

Comment

I'm in the middle of a M3 body with a MIJ strathead neck build. Still in paint process...but I pre-fit the parts and everything lines up nicely.
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Thanks much guys!

Now if I can only find a non-locknut maple neck - all of the necks I seem to be able to find are rosewood only. Not that I have anything against RW - I just have all of those I need - trying to build a maple fretboard axe to compliment my #1 axe.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

The old MIJ Model series necks fit the Pro-Mod bodies great, so you shouldn’t have any fitting problems the other way around. I do believe that it might be next to impossible to find to find a maple fingerboard factory Charvel neck without a Floyd shelf.

There were a few import only Charvel – Strat head guitars from Japan that show up on ebay from time to time, but they’re very rare and not something you’d want to be “butchering up” to build a mutt.

I personally love the old Model 1 maple necks, some people seem to hate them because of the “pointy” headstocks; maybe they remind them too much about the old 80’s rocker dudes that stole their girlfriends, lol

To me it seems your best option is just getting a new maple neck made by one of the fine custom builders in our forum or contacting https://musikraft.com/product-info.php?pid437.html
              Good luck with your build!

Comment

The Model series are my favorite. Of all of them, the Model 1 is my favorite too. I played one for years, and currently have a nice M3, and just picked up a M1 project guitar. The paint is a little beat up and it needs some work, but that neck is to die for. I think the pointy is cool.

Comment

Working...
                X