J-80c question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-80c question

I know this i formation may be on here somewhere already, but I keep reading conflicting information regarding which color wire is the "hot" on j-80c pickups. Some say it's the black and the green is the ground-the same as Seymour Duncan and some say it's the green and the black is ground, so my question is which is it? I am replacing the emg pickups in my 86 model 5 with the original j-80c pickups that came in it.

As with Seymour Duncan pickups, the green and black are interchangeable as the hot, depending on how you want them to interact with other pickups, such as being in or out of phase with the middle single in H-S-S or the neck in a 2-hum or H-S setup.

Given that the Model 5 is a single pickup setup, you don't have to worry about such interaction. Whether you use the green or the black as hot will be of no consequence.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you for the reply. So as long as I use the same color as the hot for both pickups (my model 5 is the 2 humbucker model) I won't have any problems with one being out of phase with the other?

Comment

Yes.
        I normally use the black wire as the hot,
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X