Japanese Charvel Jackson Model 5A 1988 Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Charvel Jackson Model 5A 1988 Wiring

Years have past since my last tread. I've played 8 hours every weekend for about 3 years now with the beautiful 5A and a Peavey 6505+ combo with fully replaced tubes. I've also changed the humbucker on the lovely japanese guitar to a similar one with more output range for more harmonics and a little brighter. I bought another J95 shipped from USA too just to test if the original one was OK. I've replaced the wiring, pot, jack and shielded the whole guitar. So now I have 2 J95 and a Seymour Duncan SH 4 JB Custom Shop like this one:
    I haven't changed the wiring schema, but I can still hear some hum. I noticed the wiring schema that was in this guitar may have been modified before, so the questions are:

Does anyone have the original schematics for this model?
    Does anyone know a really working and clean schematics for the following components?

1 Seymour Duncan SH 4 JB Custom Shop humbucker
    1 Volume pot.
    1 Output Jack.
    1 Floyd Rose JT6 bridge.

My best regards to You hard rockers!

Did the 5A originally have a mid boost unit attached to the volume pot like the model 5? to replace factory wiring with the Duncan should be pretty simple just go buy the diagram that came with the pickup. or look at wiring diagrams on the Duncan web site.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      Did the 5A originally have a mid boost unit attached to the volume pot like the model 5?
      It did not. Just one pickup and one volume.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Model 5A's you say ?

Comment

Working...
        X