Replacement bridge for charvel model 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement bridge for charvel model 3

Hello. NGD. Got this Model 3 and it's nice axe but as i thought, that bridge will never be my best friend Well, it's not that bad buuut.. So i would like to replace it to strat like 2-point trem. Any suggestion are welcome

That's the Kahler 2500.
    It has a 2 3/16" post spacing.

Comment

If you are interested I have a strat type(chrome) of unknown origin I would get ride of or trade for. But I do not think I have a bar for it, I will look.

Comment

I think a Wilkinson vintage would work nicely.

Comment

Ok I found the bar, it just pushes in (no threads)

Comment

Get a Kahler Killer 2700.

'nuff said.

Comment

+1 the Kahler Killer 2700 is the best way to go.

Looks like a nice old M3, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

'nuff said.
                +1

I had one on a '86 Model 2 and the quality reminded me of an Original Floyd Rose. It hold tuning perfectly and sounded great

Comment

I have a Wilkinson Trem in a Model 1a body that the original strat style bridge was removed, filled etc and a Wilkinson was installed during the "Mutt" build. I have to tell you...it did NOT stay in tune for shit with the pointy headstock. Not ever, never. I ended up using a Warmouth strathead neck. That Wilkinson was still a hurdle to learn how to keep it in tune and hot to tune it where it WOULD stay that way. Even with the Sperzel locking machines.

If you want to talk more about that setup i'll be glad to discuss it.

Robert

"Everything is bigger in Texas"

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

'nuff said.
                    How easy is it to find a Kahler 2700? I have never seen one for sale at a price that didn't make me think that keeping the 2500 was the best option.

Comment

cheapest way to get a 2700 is to find a old peavey guitar for sale with it and scrap the guitar.

Comment

I got a 2710 Killer on eBay for $50 shipped about a year ago. It was a buy it now listing....got lucky, I think. Simple drop in for the 2500.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                          cheapest way to get a 2700 is to find a old peavey guitar for sale with it and scrap the guitar.
                          I have a couple from this method.

Comment

Working...
                          X